Old Spice

I get mine from this guy:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-X-Old-Spice-After-Shave-Lotion-original-50ml-/190907501689?pt=US_Shaving_Hair_Removal&hash=item2c72f94c79

No problems at all and with free shipping.

fly3k said:
Have you bought from this seller Hando?

i haven't Steve no, i'm sure i got mine from a seller called 'namaste' :s
but couldn't find him listing anything, same bloke i got my Gillette Guards from
both the original and musk versions, think i got some samples from Paul at Connaught

no way is this stuff going for that money http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BNIB-VINTAGE-OLD-SPICE-AFTER-SHAVE-LOTION-250-ml-/261297257136?pt=UK_Collectables_Barber_Shop_Collectables_LE&hash=item3cd687bab0

globalm said:
Never tried the deodorant! Can't be that bad.

Seriously, I reckon that almost anything adults consider a 'nice scent' will be anathema to a child. The youthful nose is sensitive and is overstimulated by strong odours. It's the teens that start to appreciate things. You get the same in taste as well - beer, whisky, olives, anchovies and similar powerful flavours are just not liked by youngsters.

Got my 3 year old to smell some Old Spice whilst in Sainsbury's looking for TF&H n10.
His take? "That's a really yummy smell Daddy". I may have to get some..

OK can someone clue me up on this Old Spice vairants malarkey. A Google search, ignoring flavours such as Whitewater and Sensitive, brought up 3 or 4 different looking bottles. Well, the bottles looked similar but the had different branding on them. You can get P&G from Argos and Sainsbury's, then there's Indian (which still has a ship on it), what else am I likely to be seeing?

Rascally said:
OK can someone clue me up on this Old Spice vairants malarkey.

Hi there,

Over the years I have huffed lots of vintage Old Spice aftershave and cologne. Tried some from the 50s (it had turned), and some from the 60s, 70s; and 80s. They certainly didn't all smell the same, with a few being a bit more 'mellow' and softer than others. Hah, there usta be a bunch of old juice in the arsenal, but being the local 'Spice' pusher has taken it's toll on the reserves. I get crazy money for the stuff from the forum members here......where else are those poor bastards gonna go?

These bottles were mostly acquired at estate sales and the like......some were actually unused and others almost totally full. I have a couple left for my own use when it calls to me (although I can quit any time).

Hope some of this helps get that vintage juice monkey stirring.........

Oh, there's a site that dates all the Old Spice stuff. I am just too lazy to find it but it's real handy sometimes.

I don't know if I am alowed to post links to other forums so I won't.

If you go to 'Badger and Blade' and look in the Aftershave thread, you will find a sticky about 'Real' Old Spice featuring some mass spectrometer tests of a few varieties. It's very informative.

AFAIK the whole thing breaks down into Procter and Gamble product in Europe and USA versus Shulton product from India. I have them both and there is a difference to my nose but it's subtle and I lack the osmic percipience to describe it properly.

Old Spice is an absolute classic for a reason.

Women LOVE it.

If you 'blind' tested it against some modern, poncy-sounding, £100+ a bottle stuff it'd more than hold its own.

Let's face it. 90% of this forum probably owe their very existence to the bandifying power of Old Spice.

joe mcclaine said:
Old Spice is an absolute classic for a reason.

Women LOVE it.

If you 'blind' tested it against some modern, poncy-sounding, £100+ a bottle stuff it'd more than hold its own.

Let's face it. 90% of this forum probably owe their very existence to the bandifying power of Old Spice.

Quite true Vinny my partner says she loves it.

Think I'll pop in a grab a couple of bottles, to go with the lime and musk as balms on their way from india. Which were bought to go with the lime and musk creams, also from india.

Anyone tried the 'smells like' shaving soap from scentsfromheaven?

Back
Top Bottom