Omega S Brush?

Have used a Wikinson Sword brush for years and have never had a problem working up a good lather, whether I'm using MWF, Cella, Arko, whatever.
Fancied a change and got an Omega S-Brush, and now.....I've tried various creams and soaps (both soft and tallow) and I just cannot get a decent lather!
I'm baffled!!
I know the S brush retains a lot of water, but I've got to grips with that, and I know the Wilkinson is considered an inferior brush, but has anybody else had this problem?

Which S-Brush did you get. I found that the Pro sizes work poorly, but the regular sizes work fine (for me). I have the S10005, but I've tried others in the regular size and I think they have the same knot. I got rid of the pro size.
Yes I also have the S10005 (the one with the beech handle). I don't have a problem with the backbone but the tips are a bit prickly for me. Maybe I'm just a bit more sensitive. :)

I find them to be too springy but they work well for the most part. I feel Plisson types are superior in almost every way, and I mainly use S-Brushes for bowl lathering. I feel they are more robust than my other synthetics.

Back
Top Bottom