OMG! - Neep Brush - it's beautiful!

i got this mail from Rod. i sure hope he takes some time off for himself.

On Thursday 5th December I had a huge and nasty full blown heart attack and I was rushed into hospital in Cheltenham, and I have been out of action without access to emails until today when I finally made it home again. Thanks to our wonderful National Health Service and some incredibly talented surgeons and care I am now on the way to recovery, but I am feeling pretty washed out and very weak and it is going to take a little time for me to get fully back into gear again making pens and shaving brushes, etc. At this stage I don't know how long that will take, but I feel sure that it won't be too long!

So, if you have just made an enquiry for a new custom made shaving brush or pen, then I don't know when. But the answer is "Yes"... I will be able to do it! :)

Really terrible news about Rod Neep being taken ill but I'm delighted that he is now on the road to recovery. The man is an ace brush maker and an absolute gentleman to deal with so I hope he gets back to full fitness really soon. I might have to postpone my order for a new Neep brush for a little while but I'll look forward to placing it once he's fully recovered and back to work.
Get well soon Rod.

Thanks for all your best wishes and encouragement.
Yes, I had a full blown heart attack, (Thursday 5th) followed by a 25 mile ride in an ambulance with all the sirens and flashy blue lights. Arriving at the cardiac department was somewhat reminiscent of a formula 1 pit stop. The stretcher was wheeled between two rows of people in green gowns, and as soon as the wheels stopped moving they were in at me! A couple of tiny pin pricks in my right wrist with a local anaesthetic, and then a tube pushed up the vein in my wrist.... and all the way around into my heart. Didn't feel a thing! Incredibly clever stuff. The operation lasted just over two hours, and I was awake through it all. All I have to show for the ordeal is a little 2.5mm scar on my wrist :)

They let me out on Monday, and I have just been pottering around since. A few short walks.... and feeling great! I was even in the workshop yesterday and made a couple of pens. (Lightweight stuff and not on my feet as long as when making a shaving brush).

I'll be back in full swing pretty soon now, although I *will* be taking it steady for a while.

Oh yes... and thanks for all the kind comments about my shaving brushes. I strive for excellence, and sometimes they even come out better than that. :) :)

Cheers
Rod

Rod - fantastic to see you are recovering well! I would also like to take the opportunity to say how thrilled I am with the Brush - it's fantastic, really dense knot which has a nice amount of backbone. Yet still incredibly soft bristle. In fact the knot is so dense i have to hold the knot under water when initially soaking as it hold so much air in the bristle - it floats ! lol. On top of all the the handle is a work of art. Im really really pleased with it. Many many thanks.

Andy

I've often looked lustily at that most excellent design of yours, The Dreadnought. There are many stunning brushes throughout the Simpsons and M&F ranges but yon Dreadnought takes some beating! Take it easy and don't go too mad but it's great that you're feeling so much better. All the best for Christmas and the New Year, sir. :D

Back
Top Bottom