One Blade Shave. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is lot more than this on the Web...But here is a taster and you can research it from there...o_O

Per their own website (http://www.onebladeshave.com/our-story/) the owner is Porter Stansberry. Here is Porter's info: http://articles.baltimoresun.com/200...special-report

Billy
Interesting, but are they the same Porter Stansberry? I know when I was living in Adrian, Michigan, I was arrested several times for an outstanding warrant for the violation of 'my' probation. Turns out there was another Ryan Scott Foster that lived in that town, same age as me. They let me go when they checked my license and social security number. It got old rather quickly.

I can empathise with ya mate. I was always innocent too. :D:D:D
Can't comment on the razor as I haven't used it. I've used the blades though
in two different razors and they were pants.

The best I got was one good shave in a 1924.
In a Valet VC3 they were pretty mince.

Could be these blades work very well in the razor if it was specifically designed for them but...
I'd say a polished turd is likely to be still a turd.

Interesting, but are they the same Porter Stansberry? I know when I was living in Adrian, Michigan, I was arrested several times for an outstanding warrant for the violation of 'my' probation. Turns out there was another Ryan Scott Foster that lived in that town, same age as me. They let me go when they checked my license and social security number. It got old rather quickly.
I got this from a Guys thread from another Forum...It would appear that's it is the one and the same man...o_O

Billy

Yes, it's the same Porter Stansberry. This razor was conceived and produced by venture capitalists with the supposed aid of shavers whom are considered worthy in the field of shaving (although only one has come to light).

I own a OneBlade and have done two months worth of shaving with it while comparing with others razors to determine whether it is worth it. I can do a writeup, but haven't decided which forum to post it on. Plus, it will not be a short review. Is it "The Best Razor on Earth. Period." No. Period.

For anyone interested, I just did a very in-depth article and review of the OneBlade razor on Sharpologist.[/QUOTE
Research shows the 88 % of folks Trust Reviews on the Internet...I don't...This Razor is clearly aimed at folks that know nothing about a Feather SE Blade because they are absolute Garbage to say the least...I am an experienced SE user and the Feather SE blade is not a good performer...As far as the OneBlade razor goes its made in China with mass pressed Stainless Steel Production with Chinese cheap labour and will cost very little to make...Best of luck to the Capitalist Venture and hey that's business but I am not one of the 88 % ..I am sure this will sell to folks with a large expendable income but so does a T - Shirt that is made in China with a designer brand name on it..:D

Billy

Last edited:
...and the Feather SE blade is not a good performer...
I can't disagree with your comments except for the one quoted above. I've used other SE razors as well: Injector, GEM, Mongoose, Cobra (Classic and King), etc. The Feather SE blade does not have the same grinding or spec's as other Feather blades (it's not as "sharp") but it does perform very well in the OneBlade. I assume the head was designed to get the most out of that blade.

I might do an executive summary of how I would evaluate the OneBlade. Mantic59 I did read your article and respectfully ask whether you are under a NDA with OneBlade? Also, in your razor comparison you missed a critical razor for your comparison: the Valet AutoStrop VC4. The razor that I believe the OneBlade is actually modeled after—in many ways—and the razor that delivers virtually an identical shaving experience.

Regarding, and owed to my personal background I do question OneBlade's cozy relationship with Feather. Simply because that is not the way the Japanese culture works. Regarding the Feather blade, yes, the first shave delivers the Feather experience of other Feather blades we have come to use in the shaving community. However, after that first shave this blade is the most disappointing, if not overpriced blade I have ever encountered. One has to take a second look at the box to reaffirm that it is even a Feather blade.

Likely the biggest issue with the OneBlade is separating the product from its shills hyping the OneBlade. And, this is where it gets interesting as on another forum (I have saved all the content) there proceeded to be one the most egregious lambasting of shaving community members to date regarding the OneBlade. A complete turnoff by a certain person whom started showing up with story contradictions in defense of the OneBlade. If there is anything that can be said about the shaving community it is that we typically agree to disagree which was not the case with this person.

I can state this: the OneBlade has a major design flaw exhibiting that the designers really did not have much wet shaving experience. Shaving with this razor can lead to bad shaving traits should the shaver move into the world of straight razors. This is an industrial design in search of a design award; in many ways, over-designed.

Last edited:
I might do a an executive summary of how I would evaluate the OneBlade. Mantic59 I did read your article and respectfully ask whether you are under a NDA with OneBlade?

Nope, no NDA, ask away...

Also, in your razor comparison you missed a critical razor for your comparison: the Valet AutoStrop VC4. The razor that I believe the OneBlade is actually modeled after—in many ways—and the razor that delivers virtually an identical shaving experience....

Although I know of the Autostrop I don't have any experience with it. Frankly--and respectfully--I'm not sure it's relevant either: it's been out of production for many years and vintage examples are far less common than, say, a GEM.

@Entasis - please do not bring fights from other forums to this peaceful part of Britain. If you have experience of the razor, we would probably like to hear. If not, I don't see what else you can usefully contribute.

@mantic59 - thank you for your forbearance. We all know you have experience of this razor and respect your opinion.

Although I know of the Autostrop I don't have any experience with it. Frankly--and respectfully--I'm not sure it's relevant either: it's been out of production for many years and vintage examples are far less common than, say, a GEM.

Ah, yes, the razor series is out of production—however, the very blade kept in production that the OneBlade uses. The OneBlade is a modern day Valet AutoStrop VC4 without the stropping mechanism. Not a bad thing depending on how long Feather continues to keep the FHS in production. This also leads to another concern and question as to OneBlade's relationship with Feather, and why other directions did not transpire? Another time...

@Entasis - please do not bring fights from other forums to this peaceful part of Britain. If you have experience of the razor, we would probably like to hear. If not, I don't see what else you can usefully contribute.

My apologies for posting afterwards as I did not see this post until after I submitted the previous one. I have no intention of fighting...I'm just trying to bring relevance to the razor. Yes, I do have experience and own the razor as I have stated previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom