One brand?

I'm sure there are plenty of people in both camps.
I, personally, am happy to mix it up, though I've had matching sets previously (or have matched based on scents etc).

Which do you fall into? Any particular reason behind this question?

I'll never use one exclusive brand, because in the end I use aftershave (Eau de toilette), so no matter what is used before as long as it will not interfere with the EdT. I understand using a single brand though, from the functional point of view or coherence.

I'll never use one exclusive brand, because in the end I use aftershave (Eau de toilette), so no matter what is used before as long as it will not interfere with the EdT. I understand using a single brand though, from the functional point of view or coherence.
Trumpers? You could go Eucris Cream for 1st pass, Eucris hard soap 2nd pass, Eucris Deodorant, Eucris 'Hairdressing', Eucris Cologne, Eucris EdT and top it off with Eucris EdP :D

I did not say there was no lines with some EdT, but I use mainly French EdT (Hermes, Dior, Chanel) which do not offer shaving soap and other shaving products (yet I would not use them, because there is no real need to do so, unless layering because the fragrance/scent is weak).

Last edited:
I did not say there was no lines with some EdT, but I used mainly French EdT (Hermes, Dior, Chanel) which do not offer shaving soap and other shaving products (yet I would not use them, because there is no real need to do so, unless layering because the fragrance/scent is week).
I know buddy, I'm only pulling your leg. :p That being said, my example would leave you smelling like James Bond for weeks... :D

Despite Trumpers claims otherwise, Eucris EdT wasnt released until well into the second half of the 20th century... The one referenced in the Bond book was a bottle of hair tonic in the baddies bathroom, and whether Bond used it or not isn't ever mentioned. Some claim Bond would have worn Floris No.89 as that was Ian Fleming's smelly of choice, indeed in one of the novels Bond adds some Floris lime bath essence to his bath but nothing more... If we get into the films then the real Bond (Connery, natch) would smell of Jicky (Connery's favourite at the time.)

Did I miss anything? Probably but there's a lot of folklore to remember when it comes to Bond :D

Ok rather off topic now but I downloaded a pdf and searched for Eucris but no luck, anyone actually read the book and found Eucris mentioned?

Last edited:
I downloaded a pdf and searched for Eucris but no luck, anyone actually read the book and found Eucris mentioned?

Yes:

"He said firmly, ‘Un moment, je vous en prie,' and went into the bathroom and cleaned himself up – amused to notice that the soap was that most English of soaps, Pears Transparent, and that there was a bottle of Mr Trumper's ‘Eucris' beside the very masculine brush and comb by Kent. Marc-Ange was indeed making his English guest feel at home!"

That's from On her Majesty's secret service, there is absolutely no reference to it in Diamonds are forever as claimed by Trumper.

So just to recap: Its the hair tonic (only Eucris product available at the time which is scented with lily), it was placed there by the baddy & there is no mention of Bond even using it... And yet people still claim this 1963 Bond would smell of Trumpers 1980's Eucris EdT :rolleyes:

I sometimes go with a one brand shave using ADP. Nice and easy as I don't have to think too much as to what scent would suit what cream etc.

In a similar tone I often go with just using an OSP cream and having all sins covered in a single product. Couldn't have a happier shave

Back
Top Bottom