Only one razor

I have tried to get one of each type of razor but the closed combs and adjustables have multiplied a wee bit. If I had to choose one of everything it would be as follows. Soaps is a hard one to narrow down, I could choose several!

Pre: BBA Shaving Oil
Brush: Shavemac Americana
Razor: Gibbs No 17 Adjustable
Blade: Voskhod
Soap: Pannacrema Nuavia Verde
Witch Hazel: Thayers Rose
Balm: Aloe Vera Gel
Aftershave: 4711
Fragrance: Oud 24 Hours

But where is the fun in only having one? When I get told I have so much, my retort is always that my hobbies are very simple, I don't drink, smoke etc wasting money on things that I see no joy in. I buy what I enjoy and makes me happy whether it is books (another rabbit hole!), wet shaving or coins. Each to their own and as long as I am not spending money that is needed elsewhere and I am happy so be it.

Pre-Shave - Don't care it's all crap imho!
Soap - hmmmm difficult....... jabonman, but this choice will change daily!
Brush - Simpsons Silvertip chubby 2.
Razor - Mongoose. Would be happy to just have this one razor.
Blade - Feather pro.
Post Shave - Nivea balm...the stuff they are always selling off in the supermarkets.
After shave - Hugo boss, Hugo.

Greetings
This is very difficult for me because I get the most pleasure from shaving with my wedge (hollow ground ) blade razors but a large part of that pleasure is the challenge of preparing a blade just right and the belief that for the next shave that blade will be even better, if I had to choose just the one razor it would still be the GEM OCMM, so here's my list:-

Pre Shave: Nothing I have always believed a good scrub in the shower with Sanex shower gel is more than enough
Razor: GEM OCMM
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: My home made brush, Vulfix handle with the L'Occitane synthetic Plisson knot
Soap: Tabac
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
Fragrance: Miller Harris Terre D'Iris

Regards
Dick.

qrtSphv.jpg

...there is a part of me I think that wants to head in this direction anyway. As a daily shaver I would probably travel full circle and choose the R89 / EJ89...it has never left my rotation; the more razors I have aquired the more my admiration has grown for this everyman design...

Preshave: None
Razor: Muhle R89 on Webber Bulldog
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless
Brush: Omega Prorasso Boar
Soap: I Coloniali Mango Oil
Aftershave: Old Spice (Preferrably Shulton, but also love Old Spice - Indian).

Half the fun is trying different bits of kit and trying to achieve perfection. But if I could only have one of everything, it would mean I was on a tight budget, so I'd choose the things I think are best value for money:
Razor: Gillette Tech (vintage)
Soap: Arko stick
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Vulfix 404
Alum block: Salt of the Earth deodorant stick
AS balm: Nivea Sensitive

Soap: DR Harris Windsor / Klar Seifen / MWF ... Not sure!
Brush: Simpson CH2 Synthetic
Razor: Gillette NEW RFB
Blade: Treet Black Beauty / 7o'clock Yellow... Not sure!
Aftershave: Witch Hazel (with some menthol crystals.)

Pre shave. Executive shaving pre shave oil
Soap - OSB barbershop.
Brush - Simpsons Duke 3
Razor - Executive shaving braveheart
Blade - Gillette 7 o clock yellow
Witch hazel - Thayers cucumber
Post Shave - Proraso moisturising balm (waiting for Myrsol emulsion)
After shave Terre d'hermes Hermes

I have to agree with @Missoni about the Muhle R89. It is the one constant in my rotation/collection. I have 5 other razors which are slants, and the Parker Variant, because everyone should own an adjustable. So here goes:
Pre-shave: hot shower
Soap: Haslinger Calendula
Brush: Muhle 22mm Synth
Razor: Muhle R89 Twist
Blade: Polsilver SI
Aftershave: Thayer Witch Hazel

It's all well and good writing these one item lists but how about trying to use the same razor, soap, blade ,brush and aftershave for more than a couple of weeks, I know I would be bored stupid, I know this because when I use a pass-Around razor for a week I am itching to get another razor in my hand.
I like to use different kit every day, unless I'm away from home for a while .....variety is the spice of life. You don't need to have 30 razors, 30 soaps and 30 aftershaves/ EDT/EDC/EDPs but a hand full of each can not be seen as excessive can it? :)

It's all well and good writing these one item lists but how about trying to use the same razor, soap, blade ,brush and aftershave for more than a couple of weeks, I know I would be bored stupid, I know this because when I use a pass-Around razor for a week I am itching to get another razor in my hand.
I like to use different kit every day, unless I'm away from home for a while .....variety is the spice of life. You don't need to have 30 razors, 30 soaps and 30 aftershaves/ EDT/EDC/EDPs but a hand full of each can not be seen as excessive can it? :)

Winner, winner chicken dinner. ;)

Pre-Shave - cold water;
Soap - L'Occitane Cade;
Brush - Muehle synthetic 23mm;
Razor - Gillette NEW;
Blade - Astra SP;
After shave - Myrsol Limon;
ASB - L'Occitane Cade.

P.S. divorce could be a viable alternative to the above.

P.P.S. kidding.

Back
Top Bottom