Only two soaps.

If, for some strange reason you could only have two soaps for the rest of your life, an economy daily workhorse and one for holidays and birthdays. What would they be?
Mine?
Palmolive stick and MWF.

The economy daily workhorse would have to be the Palmolive shave stick. Easy to apply, easy to lather, great cushion and slickness, great post shave. Only 50p! :)

The soap for special occasions would be Haslinger Schafmich mit Lanolin. Many similar qualities to the Palmolive shave stick but the post shave is even better IMO. :D

Hard to pick just two, for me Mitchells Wool Fat would be an every day soap, it's a soap that I never fail to get good performance out of and a scent I really enjoy, very clean and neutral. To use it daily it would have to be a soap I know is consistently good and a scent that wouldn't become boring. Two boxes MWF ticks. Economical too at under £7 a puck, not as economical as Palmolive but still cheap per use.

My special soap would be I Coloniali Mango Oil. I Coloniali would be special because it is wonderful stuff and sadly discontinued. It is special to me already because I am loathe to use it often so would in theory keep it for a special occasion. If I could have a lifetime supply of refill pucks I Coloniali would be my special soap. Failing that Pannacrema Nuavia Verde because it would be something I'd receive as a special present and not buy myself again :D

Mitchells for every day, I Coloniali for special occasions.

MWF for every day and La Savonniere du Moulin for high days and holidays but I'm sure I would find a black market for the odd tub of OSP! :) The more I think about it the more I think I may just grow a beard, two soaps for the rest of your life! How do you come up with a sick thought like that?
Have you never played "Worst Case Scenario" before?
For example, "WCS" no shave soap black market:(

Daily use, probably NSS Lavender. It's great stuff, I love the scent and performance and post-shave feel are excellent. I already have a holidays and birthdays soap, Irisch Moos. I love this stuff and wish they'd bring it back.

Daily soap ,MFW for the same reasons as nolisco has mentioned.
For special occasions one of the Saponificio varesino soaps because for me ,it's just a bit special.

Yep, I've arsed around with 'artisanal' soaps but they are simply too variable in quality and fragrance to bother with. Now, Kent and Saponificio Varesino are the only two I own.

Back
Top Bottom