Open comb help!

I can only speak for the one I have (26C), but I'm happy with it. It's solid, even blade exposure both sides, chrome plating is good (perhaps not quite the amazing shine of edwin Jagger, but very good). Mine is 2 years old, still looks as new

Hello all, I'm thinking of buying an open comb as I've never used one. Any recommendations? It would have to be not too aggressive and I don't want to break the bank! Thanks in advance.
The Open Comb Thing Has Came Up Many Times...An Open Comb Razor Isn't Necessary any More Aggressive than a Closed Comb..The Most Aggressive Safety Razors I have Ever Owned are Mostly Closed Combs..Its the Blade Exposure that Determines the Aggressiveness of a Razor..Forums Can Hype them to be Something they are Not..:)

Billy

Based on my personal experience the Fatip Piccolo is a great open comb razor, I always get a great shave from this razor, it was my second DE razor my first was a Feather Popular. I was blown away by the difference between them, I still use the Feather Popular but so far my favourite DE razor is the Fatip. The Fatip gives me a close and irritation free shave and seems to work with almost any blade I have thrown at it, so far at least.

I have read varying opinions on the Fatip but for me it works great, handle is short but works fine, the weight is nice and it feels like it will last forever, and they are around £19.00.

Based on my personal experience the Fatip Piccolo is a great open comb razor, I always get a great shave from this razor, it was my second DE razor my first was a Feather Popular. I was blown away by the difference between them, I still use the Feather Popular but so far my favourite DE razor is the Fatip. The Fatip gives me a close and irritation free shave and seems to work with almost any blade I have thrown at it, so far at least.

I have read varying opinions on the Fatip but for me it works great, handle is short but works fine, the weight is nice and it feels like it will last forever, and they are around £19.00.

+1 I also find the Fatip a great shaver...shaves smooth and deep with good audio feedback, balance and feel thru the fingertips. The relatively small head and handle (Piccolo) makes it more manouverable than most and to top it all even seems to amplify a blades charachteristics. All for under £20...

Back
Top Bottom