Open Office spell check underlines every word

...despite them not being misspelt. I only got this issue today, can someone help me figure out why this is happening? Have checked the language is English UK, and tried to find out how I can change the resource file or something in the setting but I can't find it.

DPTC said:
...despite them not being misspelt. I only got this issue today, can someone help me figure out why this is happening? Have checked the language is English UK, and tried to find out how I can change the resource file or something in the setting but I can't find it.

Never had that problem myself, but it sounds from the OpenOffice forum that its a problem linked to profiles. The forum post is here:

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56074

and what may be the winning answer is:

"Close AOO. Click Start and type %appdata% in the Search box. Click "Roaming". Right-click the OpenOffice.org folder and select Rename. Type a different name and press Enter. Restart AOO. AOO won't find the OpenOffice.org folder and will create a new one."

Hope this helps

Yeah I think that was the problem, I renamed the user profile folder and then launched OpenOffice again which made a new profile.
Then tested it with some sentences and it was fine.

If it happens again though do I have to keep making new profiles?

Back
Top Bottom