Organised Blade Storage??

Hi

I now have a much larger selection of blades. I'd like to find a tidy way of storing them all in an organised fashion, rather than just throwing them all in a box. I probably currently have about 40 different types of blades, some I only have one blade of, some a pack or 2, and some I have a plentiful supply as I use them a lot.

Anyone got any great ideas.

At the moment im keeping large volume of razor blade packs in a drawer with all my software stock and a few bit and bobs I'm not regularly using. So in the bathroom I have a wooden box with a couple of razors in a variety of blade packs that I'm switching between, alum block, styptic aftershave sample bottles tweezers and nose hair trimmer. So that mainly there all together an the boss can't moan I have stuff everywhere when in reality I only have 12 inches of window sill to put my stuff on in there

The box I've started to sticker bomb the inside with blade wrappers to make it a bit different

Only last night, while cleaning out my garage, came across a box which seems to be for holding sewing materials. Its all different compartments and has a bottom tier when you lift the top part. It's absolutely ideal. At the moment I only have about 150 blades but this is growing weekly, and there's still room in the box for maybe 100 more. So a sewing box seems to be the answer.

I've just found one of these. This could work well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000RO3TSO/ref=s9_simh_gw_p86_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=12ZGKR73T7V34Q61R7JH&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=317819927&pf_rd_i=468294

I keep the bulk of mine in a 1 litre lock and lock food container with a packet of silica gel, this will keep them dry, i have a plastic dispenser in bathroom with a selection of blades.

i keep mine in a sainsbury's klip lock container (2.5 litre or there abouts) with a few packs of silica gel.

just over 800 blades in their cardboard boxes fit. it probably has room for another 50 or so.

Old Cigar Boxes.
...But if the Tow Truck doesn't come today to dispose of a deceased car that I have, it might become a new Shave Den!!:)-(

Baccy tin sounds good. I've got an old wooden bank note/letter stacker thing from when I worked at an old village branch. It might do a good job if its not too deep or narrow.

I went for the Strong sealing tins of various sorts with silica gel packs from different boxes from purchases. In a cupboard in bedroom so fairly dry
A little more to hand is a small ornate wooden box with one pack of the blades i have in stock and might want to try for a change. Included are the ones from samplers which i might revisit. At least i can look in the one place now to remind myself what i have.
Re-used a merkur tin which now has all those different blades and dispensers which i haven't finished off but will get round to doing so ever so slowly!

Back
Top Bottom