Other forums?

I'm glad I made the right choice first time out by chance then. I was aware of B&B and found some of what they had was useful, but being US based, it often talked about stuff we can't get here, so I started looking for a UK one and found this first. This is the only one I'm registered on. I read a few others but if I got a feeling of elitism or heavy bias, or overmodding, I figured it wasn't the place I was looking for.

I recently stumbled across ATG and saw many familiar names, but decided I'd only end up repeating myself and at 50+ I'm finding I'm starting to do that IRL so I thought I'd just stay here!

I love the friendly vibe as well as the depth and breadth of knowledge here, can't see a reason to join any more fora. It does feel a bit like a cross between a pub and a "Shavers Anonymous" support group

I originally came on here thinking it was a Japanese girly rock band forum before realising Kamisori was a type of razor, so I decided to try this shaving thing and rather liked it. I still try my hardest to make it a Kawaii music forum but not doing very well.

On a more honest note I agree with so many here in that it has a real 'mates at the pub' vibe about it which is something we have missed for the past year or so in the reality of it all. Yet at the same time it remains to have a serious edge when it comes down to wet shaving in whatever form and the advise and replies are always from a very genuine angle. They may get rather twisted but that is half the fun of this place, folk don't have their heads up their rectums to the point where daylight is a non-starter.

A bit like @Digimonkey this is my height of 'social' interaction on the web. Likewise I don't have a Facebook account, or an Instagram, or a Twitter or an anything else account, this place gives me all I want. I used to write on a particular HiFi forum but became despondent after being barred, so I went elsewhere. And found the same tossers plying their trade and the same old shite. Saved a bloody fortune getting defrocked. You think shaving is a rabbit hole? The rabbits in this game are very small by comparison.

But this place is unlike most other forums and opinions on shaving implements etc are very well shared and not forced upon people. There is something very soulful about TSR. And the soul is the members.

And you can say 'fuck'

I know what you mean about hifi and related fora. A great way to spend vast sums chasing the Holy grail (oh look, more Monty Python!) And yeah, I've seen some of the arguments on Pink Fish or What Hifi and just thought, I go on the Internet to have a nice time, a bit of a laugh, and meet like-minded folk, not to try to convince people the earth is flat by shouting at them for perceived heresy. Whenever rows break out I'm reminded of that meme "Someone's wrong on the Internet!"

Last edited:
And you can say 'f#$k'
Only if I don't change it, ;)
It is an "adult" forum afterall, although we can regress to our younger selves now and again. As long as its in good humour,
Rock N Roll No GIF by Zakk Wylde

Only if I don't change it, ;)
It is an "adult" forum afterall, although we can regress to our younger selves now and again. As long as its in good humour,
Rock N Roll No GIF by Zakk Wylde

Only in the right context of course. But at least it doesn't come out as 'f@*k' or 'you naughty person'

Younger? 45 years at sea and it becomes normal.

I know what you mean about hifi and related fora. A great way to spend vast sums chasing the Holy grail (oh look, more Monty Python!) And yeah, I've seen some of the arguments on Pink Fish or What Hifi and just thought, I go on the Internet to have a nice time, a bit of a laugh, and meet like-minded folk, not to try to convince people the earth is flat by shouting at them for perceived heresy. Whenever rows break out I'm reminded of that meme "Someone's wrong on the Internet!"

That is just the point. They start as discussions and end up as a heated arguments.

Anyway I found my holy grail and stopped

IMG_20200614_175624.jpg

I am still searching for my Zen razor and do wonder how much it is going to cost to get there.

Know any half decent Hifi forums so I can save some money?

Between contracts I ended up on a construction site. That word is used instead of a comma. And the c-bomb just means "bloke", "muppet" or sometimes it's just added on the end of a sentence just because they all have an adequate supply of that word. Heck, even a request for a hot beverage gets it as a suffix. "Oi, gahn putafknke'uhl on you c*!" Is basically lesson one in how to be a labourer.

I always wonder what they say when they're actually annoyed about something!

Only in the right context of course. But at least it doesn't come out as 'f@*k' or 'you naughty person'

Younger? 45 years at sea and it becomes normal.
Aye, I know what you mean, 40 Yr in fabrication surrounded by hairy arsed welders, platers and all sundry of manly folk who knew exactly how to use a few choice words,
I was in a management meeting when one of my lads politely knocked on the door, waited the couple of seconds to be invited in and said
" the f#$%ing f#$%er's f#$%ing f#$%ed"
I said "no worries I am on my way".
The rest of the seniors ect were like ????,
I said, his welding robot has probably broken down, I will have to go and sort it.
The stories - - - brilliant days.
I now work in a primary school, so now I am the one watching my P's & Q's

Last edited:

200px-duty_calls.png

Aye, I know what you mean, 40 Yr in fabrication surrounded by hairy arsed welders, platers and all sundry of manly folk who knew exactly how to use a few choice words,
I was in a management meeting when one of my lads politely knocked on the door, waited the couple of seconds to be invited in and said "the f#$%ing f#$%er's f#$%ing f#$%ed"
I said "no worries I am on my way".
The rest of the seniors ect were like ????,
I said, his welding robot has probably broken down, I will have to go and sort it.
The stories - - - brilliant days.
I now work in a primary school, so now I am the one watching my P's & Q's
You said that word! You're abusing your position of authority! :p ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom