Other TTOs

Bilbo said:
What do you guys think of the parker TTOs? The interceptor one looks pretty cool.

I did not get on with the Parker Interceptor. I loved the look of the handle and it felt good. The grip was great, however I found the doors opening as I shaved as the whole handle twists rather than a knob at the bottom. This was more of a problem for the way I shave than it was for Kit, but it was the first choice to pif when we wanted to help a friend start up.

The one I get on with that is modern is the Timor, it is cheap, quite mild (but no complaints) and feels good.

Thanks for the with spectacles up-date, Johnus.

Correction: It was one of Harry's great-great-grandsons who visited a Flanders War Cemetery. Harry fought with the Leicestershire "Tigers".

We tend to have children late in life if I went back 4 generations I'd be close to the American Revolution. My youngest daughter was born almost 100 yrs after her grandfathers birth. She Almost met him.

A friend has a family album full of photographs - a whole series - of five generations together. Early breeders - I think their plan is to take over the world eventually! They do five generations per century easily, with time to spare!

I have two Parker TTOs on their way - will see how they go.

Bechet45 said:
A friend has a family album full of photographs - a whole series - of five generations together. Early breeders - I think their plan is to take over the world eventually! They do five generations per century easily, with time to spare!

I have two Parker TTOs on their way - will see how they go.

Good luck I hope they work out well 4 you:icon_razz:

Bilbo said:
What do you guys think of the parker TTOs? The interceptor one looks pretty cool.

Don't overtighten it - or the silo doors will ping across the bathroom and you'll spend the next 10 minutes hoping it didn't just eject itself down the bog...

I started with a Parker TTO - I still have it, I haven't used it since the day I bought my first vintage Gillette (less than a week later).

My Parker 99R HD Barberpole chrome and my Parker 'Knightsbridge' 90R nickel have arrived and I'm pleased to say of both razors that the doors close and lock tightly, no pinging parts anywhere at all! The 90R looks to have a tad of bite whilst the Barberpole is a real pussy-cat, I suspect.

That's a Merkur 1904 Replica at the top - that is going to shave in a way that belies it's look - as many of you know fine well.

DSC001551.jpg

At the top of this photo you can just see the bottom of a five litre crystal bottle of Myrsol Special K Formulation, an absolute snip at €55. Bit cumbersome but at that price......!!

DSC001561.jpg

Like a complete twerp, I put a blade new to me into the new to me Knightsbridge after a 1st Pass with a straight razor. All I can say is that I was sore!

The Knightsbridge lock is, indeed, in a daft place (half the handle) so there is a tendancy for it to slack off a tad when shaken, as in getting rid of excess water. Easy to feel, easy to correct. VERY mild shaver with a VERY narrow range of cutting angle - one needs to be precise, as comes naturally to Engineers.

The Barberpole went very well yesterday, has a tad more bite.

Johnus - thanks a million for pointing me in the direction of the '04s! I used the Replica this morning and was blown away - a couldn't go wrong if you tried, smooth, smooth razor. I reckon every Dad would do well to give one of these to his young lad starting out on his shaving career! I got BBS under my nose!!!

John said:
John said:
Bilbo said:

Parker TTOs are made in india some people like them some people don't mind them .I did think of getting one but some one put me off so got a merkur long handle as a first DE.they are pritty good but I find the shave very dry if you want to go down the DE razor road do try a fat handle tech gently does it.

Are you winow shopping?

Not really, I have a Merkur 42 1904 replica though mine is a closed comb unlike Bechets.

I like the look of the TTOs particularly some of the Parker ones but I'm happy with my 42 at the mo, got it for christmas replacing the my Boots DE/wilkinson sword classic rotation . Don't feel the need for another razor yet.

Back
Top Bottom