OUCH - take care!

Never mind nicks. I managed to slice the top of my finger today just getting the blade out of it's packaging. I was in too much of a hurry and listening to the Richard Keys story on Radio 5. Another reminder to take care when handling blades right from the moment you pick up the packet.

Fido said:
Never mind nicks. I managed to slice the top of my finger today just getting the blade out of it's packaging. I was in too much of a hurry and listening to the Richard Keys story on Radio 5. Another reminder to take care when handling blades right from the moment you pick up the packet.

I hope your wound heals well my friend ;)

I had a similar experience..in a hurry to get back into the house from staying with the parents due to fumigation for a few days..I brought my SE with me and thought "why should I toss the 1 time used blade out..leave it in the razor and use it again"
That was a big mistake..while I was in a hurry to pack my toiletries up..my finger went across the end of the razor n sliced me good!...boy I was pissed..not at the blade..but at my finger!... :lol:

B

We've all been there I ghuess Fido. If I had all the nasty slices I've had on my fingers on my face the old physog really would be in a mess. Only concolation is that these cuts from such a keen edge do seem to heal up very quickly if kept clean.

Take care M8.

JohnnyO. :?

I´m sorry to hear this Peter, I do hope nothing serious will happen to your finger!

I rarely cut myself on my straights nowadays, but on the DE:s it seems to happens as soon as I use them :oops: :roll:

It only takes a moments distraction as well, a while back I was loading a blade on a razor when the doorbell went and I wanted it to be the parcel I had been waiting on, it wasn't a bad cut but that jump I made when the excitement rush hit me but it did remind me that I need to zone out and ignore everything when handling razor blades.

Amazing how much some of them bleed. I had to search for the styptic pen which I have not had to use for a long time.

Fido said:

Ah the dangers of Radio 5. :lol:

Bad luck hope its not too serious. I managed a straight shave last night with no cuts or nicks but managed to nick my finger cleaning the razor afterwards. :x

joe mcclaine said:
Ever wonder why disposables and cartridge razors became and remain so popular?

I know, let's give this bloke who has been fast asleep for 7 hours something really, really sharp to arse about with in the morning when it's still dark, when he's thinking about ironing his shirt for work, the leaking guttering and his wife's birthday. That'll be a laugh.

So I take it from that, you are saying only women can double task then.

Back
Top Bottom