Ouch, that R41 Grande...

missingskin said:
jon_hall said:
I'm thinking of an o/c so will await to see how man y people slit their throats first...

The offer of borrowing one of mine is still open Jon..........you have a fair choice to choose from......:angel::angel:

Hello from Yankeeland (home of the 'no razor over $3 see em everywhere deals of the days),

That's generious of you missingchin. You thinking what I am for choosing a good first introduction for Johnus to the OC charm? Something on the mild side would be only fair, right? We sympatico on the razor being your lovely and lithe 'Fazon' or whatever it's called? In case Jon is reading this, Fazon is a benign Swiss company known for making razors of a very forgiving nature. The word 'fazon' translates to 'Fluffy Bunny', just to show you how harmless these thing are. It's alomost impossible to do any damage with.....similar to the fake child kit razors with no blade. I remember Slimbo caught to the Fazonn right away....kinda like a buckin bronco rider on a mostly dead mount....sorta.

Yep, that razor paired with a Feather blade would do the trick. He can always try a more aggressive set up later........

Marvin

dodgy said:
missingskin said:
jon_hall said:
I'm thinking of an o/c so will await to see how man y people slit their throats first...

The offer of borrowing one of mine is still open Jon..........you have a fair choice to choose from......:angel::angel:

Hello from Yankeeland (home of the 'no razor over $3 see em everywhere deals of the days),

That's generious of you missingchin. You thinking what I am for choosing a good first introduction for Johnus to the OC charm? Something on the mild side would be only fair, right? We sympatico on the razor being your lovely and lithe 'Fazon' or whatever it's called? In case Jon is reading this, Fazon is a benign Swiss company known for making razors of a very forgiving nature. The word 'fazon' translates to 'Fluffy Bunny', just to show you how harmless these thing are. It's alomost impossible to do any damage with.....similar to the fake child kit razors with no blade. I remember Slimbo caught to the Fazonn right away....kinda like a buckin bronco rider on a mostly dead mount....sorta.

Yep, that razor paired with a Feather blade would do the trick. He can always try a more aggressive set up later........

Marvin

Nice thought Marvin, but I think maybe I should start Mr Hall (Jon of Liverpool fame) with something a little more easier than "The Vampire" as the Fasan affectionally called.....:angel::angel:

How can you say the '04 is mild? 1917 3 million of them when out to guys who were use to shaving with tin can lids. They thought they were in heaven. (sad that a lot of them did,....mean that too.)

A nice '04, with a nice Gillette blade, alittle MWF and a beginner can't go wrong.

Yes, I bought another one '04. A 1921 to 1928 (no date code.) Going to use it tomorrow for the 1st.

Johnus said:
How can you say the '04 is mild? A nice '04, with a nice Gillette blade, alittle MWF and a beginner can't go wrong.

Yes, I bought another one '04. A 1921 to 1928 (no date code.) Going to use it tomorrow for the 1st.

Man, I have no idea how you can use those things. Got a few different Old Type models in the arsenal that I never ever shave with. Purtiest one's a silver plated 1919 rabid Bulldog.

I envy your shark like skin,

Martin

Attachments

• 1919 Bulldog (Small).jpg
    1919 Bulldog (Small).jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 1919 Bulldog 001 (Small).jpg
    1919 Bulldog 001 (Small).jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 26
dodgy said:
Man, I have no idea how you can use those things. Got a few different Old Type models in the arsenal that I never ever shave with. Purtiest one's a silver plated 1919 rabid Bulldog.

I envy your shark like skin,

Martin

Well Martin, if you ever have one in a good condition for sale, do let me know ;) I love OCs, including the Old type. Got a great grand dad's double ring that I occasionally used to shave with, but it's in a poor condition, lots of teeth bent, so out of sentiment I've been looking for a similar one to replace it.

y_143c9ab3.jpg

That's your problem!!! Too fancy!! You need one of the plan '04 pre 1919. You'll love it. The war year J is excellent. Nothing with a twist or a ball on the end!

Back
Top Bottom