Our Mobile Espresso Set-Up

After a few years with our own coffee/sandwich take away the wife and I decided to sell up and hit the road. I spent a few months kitting out and we've just completed our second week. Our Piaggio 3 wheeler draws smiles wherever we go and our coffee makes them keep coming back.

The Fracino Contemp LPG is a revelation to me, takes a bit of setting up as it requires two external pumps but the shots are bang on. I never thought that this would be as good as our LaSpaziale in the shop but it's way ahead.

The grinder is an absolute thing of beauty - LaCimbali Magnum on demand. Touch screen dose adjustment, touch screen shot selection or weight adjustment - I currently have it at around 7.2g which just adds a little depth of body. This cost a fortune but the time it saves and the sheer self-indulgence are worth it. I was going to use our Reg Barber tamp but LaCimbali included there own pressure loaded tamp which is a really elegant, beautifully engineered bit of kit.

My favourite bit of kit is the Rattleware recessed knock box!

Hope you like the pic and if you see us around York or at an event somewhere come and say hello and you're from TSR - coffee's on us.
6989582633_73eb08a67e_b.jpg
[/url] vanside2010312 by neilmaxx, on Flickr[/img]

dantheman said:
Will keep an eye out for you mate, you ever set up in town?

York is so locked down by the council (money grabbing B*******) but you can find us in Clifton Moor and Poppleton. Also doing Malton Show, Tockwith and a couple in Rowntree Park - hopefully see you 'round. More details on our website

www.poppycoffee.co.uk

That looks great!!
I've recently started helping my sister on farmer's markets, her fella does hog roasts and she does wild boar sausages, mostly Liverpool and Lancashire.
Good luck, hope you do well.

Wow! Nice set up Neil!! :)

Love the grinder and I agree re knock box, love my large Motta box. My best wishes for you and your wifes new adventure (just wish I could pop by, even though I've tasted your roast - cheers for that!)!!

YorkNeil said:
dantheman said:

York is so locked down by the council (money grabbing B*******) but you can find us in Clifton Moor and Poppleton. Also doing Malton Show, Tockwith and a couple in Rowntree Park - hopefully see you 'round. More details on our website

www.poppycoffee.co.uk

Lol, yep, bet you'd make a killing if you were near the Aviva blocks on a lunchtime though...

I've got a mate with two units up on the Eco-centre at Clifton Moor, where abouts are you in relation?

dantheman said:
YorkNeil said:
dantheman said:

www.poppycoffee.co.uk

Lol, yep, bet you'd make a killing if you were near the Aviva blocks on a lunchtime though...

I've got a mate with two units up on the Eco-centre at Clifton Moor, where abouts are you in relation?

We move all around but we are on Aviator Business park around 11.00 which is just up from the Eco-Centre. Always looking to expand so PM me his details and we'll pop and see him.

Back
Top Bottom