Over 50 and just tried wet DE shaving

Hello everyone, Adrian here and new to the forum ...

All these years wasted, with the cartridge shaving chore.

Now I have seen the light and pamper myself every few days with a REAL shave.

Razors - Edwin Jagger DE89 & 3ONE6, Muhle R89.

Best blades so far- Personna, Gillette Wilkinson (India), 7 O'clock yellow, Wilkinson Sword.

Worst so far - Derby.

I also tried the Wilkinson Sword butterfly razor, it was terrible, like shaving with a Mars Bar ....

Welcome to the TSR, and wet shaving. I only started a year and a half ago. It’s a great hobby now, and I’d never go back! It should have saved me money but in my case this hasn’t happened as I’ve gone down the rabbit hole buying way too many razors, brushes and soaps! I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it though!
Thanks Lee¡

Yes I think it's gonna be the same for me, especially with regards to soaps, creams, balms and aftershaves. Far too many ou there, and so good too!

Prorosa, Edwin Jagger and Taylor's of old bond Street are my latest addictions lol

Then there's all the blades..... A couple of months and I wil calm down.

Beer ticking is my other hobby, the wife told me to get a hobby after giving up motor cycling, so I did lol

Hi there Adrian @ca8234
and
welcome dracula GIF

They are a good bunch here, enjoy.
T

Last edited:
Hello and welcome

You will struggle to spend MV money but it is a mistake to think that the more you spend the better the shave, it is whatever suits you best.

There is a huge amount of advice freely available on here, there was a recent thread on best blades, that is a very good place to start.

Best wishes

Welcome from me too. Similar age, I still have my motorbike though, but got quite into straight razors during Lockdown cos a man needs some peril and if they won't let you ride, you can take your mind off incarceration with an open blade to your neck. It's like that calm enjoyment you get when you focus on the vanishing point on a bike, straight razors kinda demand the same. All argument about savings will be nullified by the soaps, blades, brushes, razors, strops and splashes etc. A fine hobby for a gentleman.

Thanks Lee¡

Yes I think it's gonna be the same for me, especially with regards to soaps, creams, balms and aftershaves. Far too many ou there, and so good too!

Prorosa, Edwin Jagger and Taylor's of old bond Street are my latest addictions lol

Then there's all the blades..... A couple of months and I wil calm down.

Beer ticking is my other hobby, the wife told me to get a hobby after giving up motor cycling, so I did lol
Oh, it's going to happen! Now get down that rabbit hole! :)

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom