Oww f**king oww!!!

OK i've just had a shave and tried that Boots Original Bay rum (yes it's a hair tonic but I've read you can use it as an aftershave as well). So, I did. Owwwwwwww it made skin have a burning sensation and my skin went red and blotchy in places.

I'll stick to using it on my hair! lol :p

I can understand why it went like that because of the alcohol. Fair dos.

But even using that Nivea for men sensitive aftershave balm that makes my skin feel prickly for some reason, too. I'm not sure why.

Grrr :(

Keep trying different things, you'll soon find what suits and what to stay away from.

Maybe try something unscented, Jermyn Street, or some plain witch hazel.

dylan-shave said:
Fair dos, fella. I just wanted to be grownup like daddy lol :p

I think I'll stick with that bottle of plain witch hazel.

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Distilled-Witch-Hazel-B-P-C-200ml_2245/

Great thing is there isn't any alchohol in it. :)

cubert said:
Keep trying different things, you'll soon find what suits and what to stay away from.

I use that witch hazel as well - nothing wrong with using it if it works for you!

chrisbell said:
dylan-shave said:
Fair dos, fella. I just wanted to be grownup like daddy lol :p

I think I'll stick with that bottle of plain witch hazel.

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Distilled-Witch-Hazel-B-P-C-200ml_2245/

Great thing is there isn't any alchohol in it. :)

cubert said:

I use that witch hazel as well - nothing wrong with using it if it works for you!

Cheers fellas. :D

That Nivea for men sensitive aftershave balm makes my skin feel prickly, too. That's not cheap.

hunnymonster said:
dylan-shave said:
I can understand why it went like that because of the alcohol. Fair dos.

Or alternatively just a crappy shave made worse by poor choice of post-shave astringent.

Oh! Right... ummm. You sure? I dunno what it could be then lol. The bottle of distilled witch hazel in boots seems alright. Didn't look like it had alcohol in it.

Oh well. :)

hunnymonster said:
chrisbell said:

Which is also 15-20% alcohol according to the British Pharmacopoeia & British Pharmaceutical Codex...

dylan-shave said:
Oh! Right... ummm. You sure? I dunno what it could be then lol. The bottle of distilled witch hazel in boots seems alright. Didn't look like it had alcohol in it.

Oh well. :)

hunnymonster said:
chrisbell said:

Which is also 15-20% alcohol according to the British Pharmacopoeia & British Pharmaceutical Codex...

But it does, A alcohol based AS has a lot higher percentage so more stinging, But think HM might be right the stinging and redness will probably be more to do with your technique and prep than the actual after shave you are using

Back
Top Bottom