Parker 25

After two weeks of waiting...and accumulating a few notepads...my Parker 25 pens (fountain pen and roller ball pen) finally arrived ! :)

Absolutely love the look and feel of them - sure, part of that could just come from my Kenneth Grange obsession but I do think these are spectacular looking. Brushed stainless steel, a clip w/out the traditional Parker-arrow and an almost bullet-like tapering of the pen - what's not to like!?

I guess the final...and most important question gets answered tomorrow...how are they to write with?
That's going to be especially important as I bought these with the intent using them for journaling and skething - both at home and away.

Some photos - and yes, these are not fancy, expensive pens but I rather like them quite a bit! :)
For about $40 for the pair I couldn't be happier.

Mine are the more common blue ones;
2mphq8p.jpg

14ugjti.jpg

dhcqb7.jpg

261dok6.jpg

They look fantastic @Darkbulb - clearly, these two examples of the Parker 25 have been looked after pretty well.

Thanks yeah I really like them.
Can't wait to get some ink into them tomorrow and see how they write!

I...uh...went a bit Parker Crazy....and picked up some more models to try out..
Haven't received any of these yet - hopefully w/in a week:

1) Black body Parker 25 FP, New/Never used

Cost: $26

20951s0.jpg

ivlbpy.jpg

2) I THINK this RB is a Parker 15
It has a IIIU date code, brushed metal finish.

Cost: $5

2w6dv0x.jpg

k3x1lz.jpg

29zwhlz.jpg

3) I believe this is a Parker "Classic" (even though it was sold as 'Jotter') ?

Described as "Black and gold"

Cost: $9.50

It's a bit hard to tell the condition in these photos but I'll snap some better ones when it arrives

jiess7.jpg

ngrrmc.jpg

2lm81nn.jpg

14mmis.jpg

Wow, these are really nice.
I was bought the fountain pen and I used it from the age of ten.
Used it daily all the way through university and it got broken on the night after my finals.
Pretty disappointing, but was a great pen.

Love my 25 Ballpoint, SunburyBoy, Steve, set me up with this one. I love using it, at the time I got it I was a bit down after a stressful time, so it makes me smile and realise that there are good people out there.

24484b91160206d8f71a8dbc3bc8b60f.jpg

I might offend the real die-hard Parker fans by saying this...but I think the square clip that Grange designed for the 25 looks better than the traditional arrow-clip :)

I might offend the real die-hard Parker fans by saying this...but I think the square clip that Grange designed for the 25 looks better than the traditional arrow-clip :)

I really like the square clip, more of a futuristic look. Also like the arrow clip. I've a Harlequin pencil and fountain which I've had since 70's when I was a nipper. But my bargain was a Pearl / Black Duofold fountain £25 !!!

Back
Top Bottom