Parker Variant vs Rockwell 6C

I have been using the Parker Variant recently, first off with a Feather but that was a bit scratchy even after giving it the cork treatment. After a few other blade types I used a Gillette Silver Blue, it was great even better than Pol Silver Super Iridium which to be fair was very good. So I conclude it is a trial and error situation and to compound matters no two faces are the same. I have spent a small fortune on this that and the other all claimed to be the best thing since sliced bread but can narrow it down to. 1. Good prep. 2. Technique. and 3. A reasonable razor, doesn't have to be expensive, that feels good in the hand. You will know when you pick it up.
I currently have only three that fit the bill and there are over twenty in the cabinet.

I have been using the Parker Variant recently, first off with a Feather but that was a bit scratchy even after giving it the cork treatment. After a few other blade types I used a Gillette Silver Blue, it was great even better than Pol Silver Super Iridium which to be fair was very good. So I conclude it is a trial and error situation and to compound matters no two faces are the same. I have spent a small fortune on this that and the other all claimed to be the best thing since sliced bread but can narrow it down to. 1. Good prep. 2. Technique. and 3. A reasonable razor, doesn't have to be expensive, that feels good in the hand. You will know when you pick it up.
I currently have only three that fit the bill and there are over twenty in the cabinet.
Thanks for the detailed response sir! I don't usually go for those touted to be the best this or that but I like the look of both of them so thought the difference would lie in (a) performance and (b) feel! I guess it'll be a case of trying them if/when the time comes around! I could happily continue with the razors I own and have great shaves but where's the fun in that?! :D in all seriousness I've got all of my other razors on looks and only passed on the ones I don't particularly get on with or like the look of. The ones I really like I've persevered with and aimed to get a good shave with it even if the first one is nightmarish! :)

Back
Top Bottom