Closed Pass Around: Merkur Slant list (enchanted)

dodgy said:
dodgy said:
dodgy said:
[chrisbell.......done
Gairdner.......hiatus
Exapno.....done
majortom......done
lds.......done
Exapno.........done
Burgundy..........done
Mondoj.............done
simmo3801.........done
AGIO.........done
Tim B .....done
Tony T.....done
Scswalex........done
p.b..................done
sjrobertson.......done
Umar........done
undertherazor.....done
MrK1......done
thrifty.......done
Count of Undolpho........done

Hiya,

My apologies for this list getting away from me a little bit. I'm hoping what I have now is correct and up to date and if not then please let me know.

Martin

Mr Slant has been posted on to Scswalex- hope you enjoy it!

Thanks Martin- most enjoyable, and I've bought one off a member on here! Hey- you caught me with the Stahly head!

I see a pattern evolving ;)

Having enjoyed the Stahly I bought I'm now moving it on, see BST.

Received yesterday - thanks Scswalex - along with many samples etc. First shave this morning. Will use this every day this week and then forward on to sjrobertson.

Many thanks to Dodgy for his generosity

Paul

Time for some feedback on my experience with the Slant.

I used it with a known cream and five blades (twice each which is my usual practice): Voshkod; Polsilver; Rapira Swedish; Permasharp; & Feathers (once only).

Very unimpressed with the blade alignment control. However, overall liked the look and feel of the razor: short and stubby and solid. The first shaves were very impressive. Incredibly close without irritation. However, the shaves with the Polsilvers and Rapiras were good, but not great. The best shave was with the Feather. For me this razor performed best with an aggressively sharp blade. The smoother blades (Polsilver and Rapira) required three passes and a lot of buffing – no different to my iKon open comb deluxe. I did, however, find this razor very good on my neck with all the blades and good around the edges of my mouth. It's very intuitive to find the correct angle – I think that might be due to the existence of a “flat-ish cutting plane” rather than the cutting edge being on a radius like most DE razors (that probably won't make sense unless you've used one (might not make sense even if you have!!)). Anyway I found it very easy to angle and position.

I was considering buying one as a travel razor until the Mankind offer on the Progress meant I could get a £45 razor for £25 which was cheaper than a 37c. If I was looking for a more effective razor than a 34 then this would be ideal. I did not find this aggressive in the slightest but it was effective. For me however, it doesn't offer anything that I don't already have with the iKon. Once again thank you for the opportunity to try this out.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom