Closed Pass Around: Merkur Slant list (enchanted)

chrisbell said:
Glad to see the second pass-around Slant is still introducing members to the peculiarities of this style of razor. Used mine this morning, actually, which I bought way back when I realised how much I liked the pass-around example (shortly after the original was stolen).

Hiya doin Chris,

Well, if you remember when I first sent Her away, it was partly for my own good. She was starting to intrude just a little too much and I thought she was best for me being real far away. Quite the Enchantress.

So poor old Wetdog was the one who finally decided he needed her near him all the time. Was bound to happen I guess.

This latest incarnation going round seems a bit better behaved and still quite effective. Not a bad combo.

Martin

I've been trying to contact Herbert1804 to move this on but haven't yet had a response. As I'm pretty new to this how long do I leave it before contacting the next in the queue ?

alancrab said:
I've been trying to contact Herbert1804 to move this on but haven't yet had a response. As I'm pretty new to this how long do I leave it before contacting the next in the queue ?

Normally if the member hasn't been around recently I would suggest waiting a few days for a response and then sending it to the next person. No problem putting the original member back in front of the 'to be sent' line if he shows up again.

Here though it looks like Herbert was around today so let's give it another day or two and see what happens. Thanks for posting.

Martin

In an attempt to get a sense of direction due to doing/trying too much at the same time can I make the sensible request to be removed for now? I'll definitely revisit later if this is still going!

Being new, getting 3 DE razors in one month and now an SE that will require me to play with it as well will keep me busy for a bit me thinks! Still have 15 odd soaps to get through as well as a bunch of blades so I think I am beter off finding my happy spot first, before I add more to the mix.
Sorry for being over eager!
>.<

AlexNoodles said:
In an attempt to get a sense of direction due to doing/trying too much at the same time can I make the sensible request to be removed for now? I'll definitely revisit later if this is still going!

Sure thing. Feel free to get another ticket on the Crazy Train when she calls to you.

Pass Around: Merkur Slant list (enchanted)

I love it. Carves through 3 day growth with no trouble at all. Bought my own thanks to BST here on the forum. Who's next on the list?

Herbert1804 said:
Just passed on to Whosthedaddy. Think it's Dan552 after that. Many thanks again to Dodgy for making this possible.

Whosthedaddy said:
Arrived this morning, thanks for the opportunity to try this razor.

Amazed at just how small it is?!

Thanks for making that next pass so painless for me, Herbert.

Yeah, she's not very big. She does have a long handle big brother. Make sure you line up the blade with the top cap.

Skipped the shave yesterday so first outing was on 2 days growth. Not the best or most enjoyable shave if I'm being honest. I'm confident in blaming the blade selection, should have left the Wilkinson Sword blade in the drawer.

Attachments

• IMG_20150310_191037_1.jpg
    IMG_20150310_191037_1.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 27
Pass Around: Merkur Slant list (enchanted)

How the hell did you get lather like that in the photo?! I never get lather like that! I think you're cheating and using whipped cream.

Back
Top Bottom