Pearl Flexi OC Review...

Gentlemen
I recently received my Flexi OC adjustable. Now this is the first adjustable I've had in a long time and the first OC since I sold off most of my collection. I have found that SBs are very comfortable and efficient for me. Another enthusiast got me intrigued about the razor and for a solid brass razor the price is very reasonable.
When It arrived, I saw they had supplied 50 "Willys" blades as well. I thought that was a nice gesture plus there was a stand that also came with the razor.
I'm not sure why they bothered to supply the blades because they, imho, are rubbish. The first shave with this blade was completely mediocre. I had the razor on the 3 setting.
So onto the next outing was with a new Perma-Shave blade...MUCH better. Smooth, comfortable and a better outcome. So much for "Willys".
Now, for me, the pivotal 3rd shave. I used the same blade, but dialled the razor up to 6. Not sure what to expect. Very pleasantly surprised. No weepers, nicks etc. The razor was really efficient in that after 2 passes and some buffing I had a shave that has lasted for over 12 hours and I do not need to shave today. I shaved last night at 8pm because the water has been shut off for waterline repairs this morning.
Now the most noticeable thing was there was a definite increase in alum sting after the shave. Not horrible but you noticed. Which tells me I was getting a very close shave.
So far I am getting more in tune with this OC razor. I refer to it as the "bulldog" squat and heavy but very likeable. And for the price a real bargain.
Cheers!
IMG_2785.jpeg

Gentlemen
I recently received my Flexi OC adjustable. Now this is the first adjustable I've had in a long time and the first OC since I sold off most of my collection. I have found that SBs are very comfortable and efficient for me. Another enthusiast got me intrigued about the razor and for a solid brass razor the price is very reasonable.
When It arrived, I saw they had supplied 50 "Willys" blades as well. I thought that was a nice gesture plus there was a stand that also came with the razor.
I'm not sure why they bothered to supply the blades because they, imho, are rubbish. The first shave with this blade was completely mediocre. I had the razor on the 3 setting.
So onto the next outing was with a new Perma-Shave blade...MUCH better. Smooth, comfortable and a better outcome. So much for "Willys".
Now, for me, the pivotal 3rd shave. I used the same blade, but dialled the razor up to 6. Not sure what to expect. Very pleasantly surprised. No weepers, nicks etc. The razor was really efficient in that after 2 passes and some buffing I had a shave that has lasted for over 12 hours and I do not need to shave today. I shaved last night at 8pm because the water has been shut off for waterline repairs this morning.
Now the most noticeable thing was there was a definite increase in alum sting after the shave. Not horrible but you noticed. Which tells me I was getting a very close shave.
So far I am getting more in tune with this OC razor. I refer to it as the "bulldog" squat and heavy but very likeable. And for the price a real bargain.
Cheers!
View attachment 110585
I have the SB version of the Flexi and it’s difficult to beat for the price point, and outperforms some razors that are double the price. I’m intrigued by how an OC version of the same compares, as I’m not sure how much closer the Flexi can get on setting 6 without taking the skin off!

Back
Top Bottom