pen knives.

I used to own several carbon opinels but the locking ring failed on one I was using and I cut down to the bone on one of my fingers. I lost a bit of confidence with them after that. I almost bought one again recently as they really are superb knives for the money.

Not the best picture unfortunately but this is my hunting knife :

Bear Gryll's small ' multi tool ' , I've always found the sole knife blade fine for single hand opening and sturdy in use. Handy to have the screw driver blades also on occasion. I'm restricted in Scotland like other UK users to under 3" non locking blade.

JohnnyO. :icon_razz:/.

My favourite non-carry knife is my stainless steel Spyderco Delica, however the locking blade restricts that to use at home or when out shooting. I am hankering after a UKPK as I'm a big fan of Spyderco knives and a legal-carry one would be great. Until then my usual carry is a left-handed Wenger SAK.

chris.hale said:
My favourite non-carry knife is my stainless steel Spyderco Delica, however the locking blade restricts that to use at home or when out shooting. I am hankering after a UKPK as I'm a big fan of Spyderco knives and a legal-carry one would be great. Until then my usual carry is a left-handed Wenger SAK.

Chris there's a lovely UKPK in orange G10 for sale now on British blades.

Always a knife in my pocket, EDCs are the Bushcraft Store's non locking Turkish walnut handled tool steel bladed little beauty, holds an edge like nobody's business; or a fine little brass handled Higonokame. Lovely shape, lovely feel, dead simple.

NOTSHARP said:
Usually, one of these.

Invariably, the top one in the picture.

Steve.

My Dad used to carry one at work very similar the one in the middle. He worked in the paper industry for years, and would use it for cutting samples of paper.

Ian

n1vlo said:
Pingo too...no need for owt else..altho if I see a nice bone handled etc...mmm

Since I got mine I don't really 'rotate' any more for normal use, it's a fine bit of kit.
Non normal use - heavy abuse a CLB XS and for a Posh Gentlemen's knife a Buffalo Horn Ablett Ettrick.

I have a few Swiss Army Knives that I rotate through. Usually something along the lines of the Spatan or the Tinker, both of which have all the "bits" I need day to day...

Sometimes I just carry a SAK Pocket Pal though.

Back
Top Bottom