Pencil sharpener

Being partial to a proper wooden pencil I ordered one of these sharpeners via ebay.

[attachment=8736]

It's an M & R grenade sharpener, nice weight and quality and came with two spare blades. Seller also has a web site with quite a range of sharpeners.

http://www.topcolorsharpeners.com/collections/all

Only used the seller once but very quick delivery.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382091937.995315.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382091937.995315.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 89
Crumbs, who'd have thought the humble pencil sharpener could be an object of desire.

(As an aside to twisted firestarters, the old grey metal block ones are magnesium, and burn brightly for a few minutes when heated with a a blowtorch.)

Always reminds me of the story of the chap who invented cats eyes.

Apparently a cat was walking towards him and he shine a torch on it which was his inspiration.

He said that if the cat been walking away from him then he'd have invented the pencil sharpener!

David

I appreciate the form but a penknife is the best sharpener. A multi function device that allows a variety of points to be produced; If I'm using a pencil for writing or woodwork then I usually give it a chisel point, drawing - a fine point, shading and printing - a fat point and so on.

The Dux variable looks like a Christmas present idea from heaven!

Count of Undolpho said:
I appreciate the form but a penknife is the best sharpener. A multi function device that allows a variety of points to be produced; If I'm using a pencil for writing or woodwork then I usually give it a chisel point, drawing - a fine point, shading and printing - a fat point and so on.

The Dux variable looks like a Christmas present idea from heaven!

I like the look of the variable too.

Appreciate what you say about a knife. I find though I get carried away and whittle away too much if I'm not careful.

Count of Undolpho said:

ditto! Can't beat a nice sharp pocket knife for such tasks

Love all of my pencils, traditional Cedar Wood unpainted 2b, Full Range of Faber Polychromos Coloured , Derwent Watercolour, 0.5 0.7 Mechanical, 2mm Tech Drawing Clutch,Carpenters and Vintage Propelling ,I sharpen (where required) with the appropriate tools including a nice sharp small Swiss Army knife and I am not a "Bairn"by a long chalk;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom