Penhaligon's EDT samples?

Well i tried both again today , and received emails from both saying they would post some , so fingers crossed that they do so :)
Seems i will get 2 separate ones from "penhaligon" as there email reply was to "Mrs" so i pointed out i was a male , so there posting another lot as they had already posted one to "Mrs" !!!!!!!!
Thats the first time someones mistaken my first name as "female" , maybe there Welsh !!!

I got three today.

Endymion
Douro
Castile

Endymion is my favourite by a long chalk. One of the others smelt like £3 a bottle Turkish lemon cologne!

E-mailed them yesterday and received 3 samples today!
  • English Fern
  • Blenheim Bouquet
  • Sartorial

Excellent service considering I live in Edinburgh:icon_razz:

Yep i got 3 today aswell !!!

English Fern
Endymion
Orange Blossom !!

Endymion , not my thing , but reminds me of a cheapish frag from the 80's ,i had once , but cant pin it down ????? (could it be Drakker or Rapport ?? )

Well, based on my wife's face and my hooter I won't be purchasing Douro or Castile.

Castile = Turkish Limon Kolonyasi

We both like Endymion though. Just need to try English Fern and Blenheim Bouquet when I'm at the outlet.

Got:

Blenheim Bouquet - smelled like Refresher sweets to me/on me. A bit light weight. Certainly distinctive.
English Fern - as promised a very vegetal scent, if you enjoy smelling like a shrubbery.
Castile - not particularly nice at first. Certainly the strongest smelling of the three. Develops a bit after it has calmed down.

A bit torn as I do like the scents - they are certainly more complex than your run of the mill fragrances.

Just not sure I £80 like them.

Though there is a person on ebay selling them at almost half price...

i was in 2 minds about sartorial - a bit brut if you ask me. but it does grow on you and everytime i wear it my wife says she likes it.

jc has a stash of 1870, lpno9, quercus and sartorial which he is selling at cost in 5ml atomisers in the posh frags for all thread in group buys. well worth a jaunt if you want more than a splash of the stuff. his only rule is you have to have been an active member here for a while.

i shouldn't be telling you actually cos i need a top up myself!

I think what I can say for definite is that my visit to the outlet in York could well prove to be expensive.

Does anyone know what the discount is there?

Got my samples today, Juniper Sling, English Fern and Blenheim Bouquet. What great samples !! Juniper Sling is very well presented. Did anyone also notice the postage on their samples 31p ????

I'm leaving trying them out for a few days, Ive had Flu and I'm on 500mg antibiotics for a chest infection, my taste and sense of smell is completely shot away.

Right that's it, I've sent one more email, giving my address, the specific EDTs I'd like to try and even used my title "Dr."

If this doesn't overcome their snobbery/confusion then they can shove their EDTs and I'll stick to Floris from now on! ;-)

P

Wow "JUNIPER SLING" really reminds me of my favourite frag of all time and my only ever signature frag , its been 25+ since using it so im not saying it smells the same , but my it reminds me of "Pacco Rabanne Sport" :)

Back
Top Bottom