Penhaligons longevity or lack of

I'm the Penhaligons thread starter, twisted Penhaligons thread starter. Boom, tssch, tssch, tssch.

Ahem.

Anyway, a question to those of you who use and have used Penhaligons fragrances. Do you find the longevity of a lot of them isn't that good?

I've tried Douro, Castile and Endymion and the only one that has lasted more than three to four hours beyond application is Castile. A real shame as they smell marvellous on application.

Does anyone know which fragrances other than Castile would last most of a day?

I have Opus 1870, Blenhein and Endymion - all three last well into the day with Blenheim lasting the longest. I'd compare these favourably or equal to all my other EdeTs or Colognes.

Isn't it funny how we're all so different.

Not sure how I'm going to judge the long lasting ones when I'm at the outlet. Be a pisser if I buy a couple that don't last long on me.

A few more comments on Pen's frags I've only tried a couple of times - previous comments are based on their scents I own or have sampled several times.

Opus 1870 had reasonable longevity - but I preferred LP No. 9 which it shares similar characteristics to. Juniper Sling faded to a skin scent within a couple of hours - similar longevity to Blenheim Boutique for me. Hammam Bouquet is a beast though? Sartorial was a scrubber, so can't comment on its longevity, and I haven't yet tried Douro.

Blenheim is subtle for me which is fine as I don't like scents to be strong all day, I'd say it's there around 6 to 8 hours but only barely.
English Fern has more oomph and is noticeable all day on me, which is probably why I don't like it as much. It's a good smell, just too powerful and distracting and will be going on BST any day now.

Tall_Paul said:
Ahem.

Anyway, a question to those of you who use and have used Penhaligons fragrances. Do you find the longevity of a lot of them isn't that good?

I've tried Douro, Castile and Endymion and the only one that has lasted more than three to four hours beyond application is Castile. A real shame as they smell marvellous on application.

Does anyone know which fragrances other than Castile would last most of a day?

Jeez Paul..........you gotta huffer monkey too eh? What does Silvy think of that one?

I've sniffed a bunch of Pens frags and I don't recall any of em standing out as far as being extremely long lasting. After maybe 5-6 hours the scent gets sorta close to the skin on any of em and I'd guess the silage to be minimal by then. Not bad at all, but nothing spectacular in that department.

Certainly, it's not gonna be the same sorta experience as wearing something by Tom Ford or (some) Creed or Serge Lutins for example. Now some of those frags will last overnight. They're pricey, but you may find em worth the money. Yes........I am positive you need to try some of these very expensive frags right away. That will definitely make you feel better.

Your buddy,

Marty

dodgy said:
Jeez Paul..........you gotta huffer monkey too eh? What does Silvy think of that one?

I've sniffed a bunch of Pens frags and I don't recall any of em standing out as far as being extremely long lasting. After maybe 5-6 hours the scent gets sorta close to the skin on any of em and I'd guess the silage to be minimal by then. Not bad at all, but nothing spectacular in that department.

Certainly, it's not gonna be the same sorta experience as wearing something by Tom Ford or (some) Creed or Serge Lutins for example. Now some of those frags will last overnight. They're pricey, but you may find em worth the money. Yes........I am positive you need to try some of these very expensive frags right away. That will definitely make you feel better.

Your buddy,

Marty

My huffer monkey has been quite satisfied by my quartet of Caron scents, all of which (with the exception of Pour Le Homme) easily see a day out.

However, a forthcoming trip which will pass a Penhaligons outlet store has got it a whoopin' and a hollerin'.

I've tried some Tom Ford fragrances in an airport. The pricetag had my monkey whimpering.

PS - can I mention how thoroughly I've been enjoying my UFO handles? Just thought your handle gibbon might enjoy that.

Quercus is a funny one, what there is of it seems to fade away from my nostrils quite quickly. But in the past I have met up with the Mrs 4-5 hrs after i applied it and she says "you smell nice"?
It is a subtle scent but the ladies like it:)

Juniper sling is my favourite, beautiful!

jaycey said:
Quercus is a funny one, what there is of it seems to fade away from my nostrils quite quickly. But in the past I have met up with the Mrs 4-5 hrs after i applied it and she says "you smell nice"?
It is a subtle scent but the ladies like it:)

Juniper sling is my favourite, beautiful!

Hopefully getting a sample of Juniper Sling Tomorrow through the post :)

I use Castile and I think this scent is a very long lasting scent easily 8 hours, and even where I've sprayed a little on my clothing I can still smell this quite strongly the next day.

Jamie

Of all the Penhaligon's Two stand out for me.

Extract of Limes Eau De Toilette = 6-7 hours

Blenheim Bouquet Eau De Toilette = 3-4 hours

Charles U.K

Back
Top Bottom