Perfection, thy name is Cella!

So I used Cella for the first time today....

It is probably the most perfect soap I have ever used.

The smell might not be your thing (marzipan) but the performance is unbelieveable. Lathered up the same way I would with Proraso (similarly Italian and soft) using a silvertip and while I always have good shaves with Proraso the lather I got from Cella was thick, slick and cushioning. Same loading onto brush produced twice as much lather than Proraso.

At the end of the shave my face was clean and looked like a blade had been nowhere near it. Rinsed my face off and while rinsing felt the slickness of the soap still there.

I was worried about the possibility of an allergic reaction (as almond type soaps seem to provoke) but I had nothing to worry about.

I wish I had tried Cella a long time ago but it maybe wouldn't have worked for me with a poorer technique.

On a more general note, I have found that I am using less and less of my stash............. could I be reaching shaving satisfaction?

Cella is very good. One of my favourites. I noticed that it made me thing the same thing as you. I was wondering why I would want to try anything else. But then shortly after I got bored with it so had 2 shaves out. Now I'm back on it and it's brilliant!

Cella was pretty much the only soap I used., before I joined here (YES, I blame all of you!;) ), it's right on the money - slick, thick and good enough cushion.

Professor Blighty said:
Is the soap in the 1kg red box, the same soap as is in the small red tubs? Or are they different.

I had the tub, then bought the brick when it ran out, and they're the same. They have different 'descriptions' on the packaging, but I think that's just a quirk of the consumer and barber markets they're made for.

The ingredients are identical, they smell the same, shave the same, they leave the skin feeling great. The 1kg is just ridiculous value if you love the stuff. There is a self proclaimed expert on B&B that maintains the 1Kg to be better, saying the proportions of the ingredients are probably different to make this so, but placebo-induced opinions tend to do that.

I got the tub from when Connaught did the cheap offer when people were talking about buying the bricks and sharing it.

Only used it over a week (got about 6 things on a rotation) and thought it was very good.

Not a fan of the smell as i detest marzipan but will put up with it for the quality.

Cella is easily in my top 3. I've recently acquired and been using some Vitos soap, which is similar in performance and texture, but has a stronger, bitter scent.

Both work really well for me. I think I'd like to try the Valobra Menthol soap at some time.

Ian

Professor Blighty said:
Is the soap in the 1kg red box, the same soap as is in the small red tubs? Or are they different.

i read a thread on B/B that went through the differences - the smaller tub is softer more creamy version even though the soap itself is quite soft anyway. i'll try to find it tonight and post a link.

I tried Cella today for the 1st time and it blew me away. i loved the smell and the lather was fantastic. i could quite happily use it for the rest of my shaving days.

I feel the same.
Thanks for the clarification over the soap differences between the sizes. I have only tried the small one in the bendy plastic red tub and that is the one I want in terms of smell and performance. It's 0one I intend to always have in stock

here is the thread as promised - this marco bloke seems to know what he's talking about -

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/182462-Cella-Vs-Cella-what-I-believe

and here is another thread translating the titles of the soaps and what that means regarding the ingredients list. (i think it boils down to parfum differences)

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/73934-Cella-Crema-da-Sapone-and-Cella-Crema-da-Barba-All´Olio-di-Mandorla

Complete rubbish. Marco is just an enabler, making people buy kg bricks instead of tubs. It just wouldn't make financial sense for the company to have two separate production lines with such a subtle formulation difference (and sell the superior one cheaper!).

Helveticum said:
Complete rubbish. Marco is just an enabler, making people buy kg bricks instead of tubs. It just wouldn't make financial sense for the company to have two separate production lines with such a subtle formulation difference (and sell the superior one cheaper!).

True. B&B is an enabling hype-factory, and Marco is the soap CEO. He's full of it, and many of his posts on specific products are little more than shills for his mates in retail. If he really does believe the brick to be better, he's simply fooling himself and wants to believe it, because it's what barbers use. It only comes in 1kg because that makes economic and storage sense for barbers who still do shaves.

I've bought a few tubs of Cella, realised it was a keeper, then the brick made economic sense (and I find the tubs too small for loading my brush). They are one and the same. It's top shelf stuff however you buy it.

As for consistency, it can change from batch to batch, like a lot of creams do.

Back
Top Bottom