Personna Platinum (Reds!)

Hi there!

My two favourite DE blades at the moment are Personna Platinum Super Stainless (Red), and Astra Superior Platinum (Green pack). I get consistently irritation free shaves from both makes in both my EJ DE87 and my Murkur 38C.

Anyway, I bought a pack of 100 Personnas and have been using them for a few shaves, but today I had a poor shave from a new blade in the DE87 razor, when normally they're fine. I had some really stubborn stubble that I had to buff. Never had as much trouble before now. Even buffing though I got no irritation (mind you an alum block and a good three splashes of Proraso takes care of that anyway!)

Also I noticed the inner paper wrap on the Personna is no longer red, but plain white. Anyone know if there has been a change of factory or quality at all?

Anyway I had run out of Astras so have ordered up 100 so I can compare!

P

I queried that with Paul at Connaught when my first 10 blades came , apparently it is just new packaging , still the same blade though .
If you look on his website you will see he has now added a comment about the change in packaging .
It certainly didnt stop me ordering another 400 and I cant say I have had any problems yet , might be early days though ,
Regards ,
Derrick

i love the personnas... likely to run out soon though, so its good to have this info about the change of packaging.

I also bought a pack of boots blades, which i hear are the same. So will try them out and see how they compare.

I found them not quite as smooth as the Gillette super thin, which are my current favorites, so its a ymmv situation.

The personnas are pretty cheap and have good quality wrapping.

shrink said:
i love the personnas... likely to run out soon though, so its good to have this info about the change of packaging.

I also bought a pack of boots blades, which i hear are the same. So will try them out and see how they compare.
Paul was/is doing 200 Red IP's for £12.90p delivered if you PM him .
For the quality of shave I get with them I thought they were a steal so as I said I bought 400 .
Cheers
Derrick

I purchased 200 Derbys when I thought they were my favourite blade. Then I tried the Red Personnas and found then to be sharper and smoother. I find they are a better balance than the feathers as well. I can only use the feathers in my slim on a mild setting or in my AS-D1. The personna reds I can use in all my razors.

Back
Top Bottom