Personna Super confusion

I've done a search (titles rather than entire thread) and couldn't find anything that definitively clears this up. Apols if I've missed a thread that did. Anyway...

Does anyone know if there's any difference between the "Med Prep" Personna and the "Lab Blue" Personna? I note both are called Personna Super and have the same wrapper. I also note Connaught list them separately. Confusing. Thanks.

I believe the Med Preps receive some extra sterilisation in the process which adds slightly to the production costs. Otherwise they are the same blade AFAIK. I've used both and they perform the same, both excellent and long lasting.

My understanding is that those are the good ones Gairdner. It's the same blades that Connaught sells as lab blues, which Tom above says are the same as medical prep minus a coating.

http://connaughtshaving.com/perslb.html

http://connaughtshaving.com/perssu.html

So are we just talking a little extra sterilization or a coating of summat? I doubt they are the same as Crystals.

majortom said:
I believe the Med Preps receive some extra sterilisation in the process which adds slightly to the production costs. Otherwise they are the same blade AFAIK. I've used both and they perform the same, both excellent and long lasting.

That's what Tom said above in the thread.... I'll take his word for it he's quite sharp on blades.

Edit : I think Crystals are made in Israel, which would mean if they are the same as any of the Personna it would be the reds not the blues.
Which would be these ones in old packaging
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Personna-Israeli-Platinum-Chrome-Double-Edge-Stainless-Steel-100-Blades-/150920531308?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&clk_rvr_id=397955684804#ht_1058wt_1166
Or in new packaging
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Personna-Platinum-Chrome-100-Double-Edge-Razor-Blades-/330706170460?pt=UK_Health_HairRemoval_RL&clk_rvr_id=397962267518#ht_500wt_1181

However I am not in any way sure...

Greetings

I've read a detailed article on this but am now unable to find where I read it, bloody annoying! I think it was all about the Lab ones being sterilised differently so as not to contaminate samples prior to slicing them as opposed to the Med prep which would only be used to shave skin.

Thinking about it further I thought I read about this on the Ted Pella website but can't find it now!

That does not help much! Sorry

Regards
Dick

You could buy 100 and split them in to 5 sets of 20. A quid to cover postage (£4 in total) and it'd mean 5 people chipping in 3 quid each.

I'm off to the states so not a good time for me to organise it - however I've made a thread in group buys asking in principle if people like the idea.

I see no reason why several of these group buys couldn't get off the ground.

I asked Personna about their Super blades. They said the only difference between the Prep & the Lab is that the PREP is not coated with mineral oil so it can be sterilised if required. All the blue wrapped "super" blades are made in the US plant.
There may be another type of US blade but I have not been able to source any more types.

Also there are three types of blade being produced at the Nazareth plant.

1. Crystal Platinum - AKA Israeli Personna's, IP's, Super + Platinum
Blue & white wrappers. Marked Super + Platinum. Packed in 10's (dispenser) or 100's (loose in a white carton).
wp28d12e9f_05.jpg
wpbbb09512_05.jpg
Super%20Platinum.jpg

2. Personna Platinum Chrome - AKA Red Personna's, Red IP's, Israeli Reds. Originally in red wrappers, now white. Marked Personna Platinum Chrome. Packed in red boxes 5's or 10's (US style) & in plastic dispensers 10's (UK/Europe style).
fyVMtP8A
Personna%20Israeli%20Red%20Pack%20razor%20blades%20200%20carton%20large.png
wp2cf82621.jpg
personna-platinum-double-edge-blades.jpg
!BQwWpo!!mk~$(KGrHgoH-DUEjlLlypo6BJ6liKbsUw~~_35.JPG

3. Personna Double Edge - AKA Boots own brand, Tesco own brand. White wrappers, unmarked blades, 10-pack plastic dispensers.
035390.jpg
wp24e3b0a6_05.jpg
052025.jpg
e14zut.jpg

Back
Top Bottom