Phoenix and Beau: Menthol soap testers required

Used the Denali again today for a cold water shave.

The Denali was as great as before.

However I still think that it could be a bit colder to reach its full potential.

Ok look, you started off wrong. Cold water shave.....really? Like using a cold towel even? Well whatever the deal is, this method is seriously messed up. No, not talking about the performance, which I understand is good. The pure uncomfortableness of what should be pleasurable....very twisted.

So, "A bit colder" would be your druthers. Maybe just a smidge warmer than the exploding body parts strength in Erik's post. Yep, cut back just a tad and good to go.

Sure, nothing wrong with that,

Martin

Used the sample this morning and for me both the menthol and fragrance are too weak.
Granted i do like a strong one, B&M Artique being my favourite soap
Performance is great, lather, slickness, post feel are all really good so i feel bad saying it doesn't work for me!
The shortcomings just render it neither here or there for me

I used the sample this evening and I, too, think both the fragrance and the menthol 'hit' are too weak.

Performance-wise, of course, the sample was as expected i.e. truly excellent in terms of the usual measures of latherability, cushion, glide, slickness and post-shave feel.

@phoenixandbeau - Kerry, I think you can turn the wick up a good bit on this one. You've got to make it really stand out so that folk say 'Wow, that is freezing!' :eek:

Just had my second go with this soap. Original thoughts re needing a bit more menthol to meet the intended kick still stand but I was impressed with how well the lather controlled the aggression of a fresh Feather Pro blade in my AC-SS. Excellent shave.
Thanks

I really like this soap, it is growing on me.
Best way I can describe it, like an exquisitely spiced korma,
not what I'd have chosen, did I enjoy it? Absolutely!

It's just facilitated the best shave I've ever had, hot towel prep, 3 passes with an ATT S1 & shark blade(2nd use). The post shave has been so good I skipped the usual balm & just splashed on some Pashana AS.
Truly lush.

Thanks for the opportunity to try it.
I've never felt the post shave good enough on any other product to just splash & go.

Using Citra Royale with my D01 LE, well that 10 minute lather time, reduced to 3 minutes, of which 30 seconds loading. Results ice cream like lather. Kerry I don't seem to get the chewing gum, sticky proto lather as I did with the first samples. Apart from addition of EO's am I right in thinking no changes were made to the base formula? Not a complaint as the lather is exquisite just an observation.

Using Citra Royale with my D01 LE, well that 10 minute lather time, reduced to 3 minutes, of which 30 seconds loading. Results ice cream like lather. Kerry I don't seem to get the chewing gum, sticky proto lather as I did with the first samples. Apart from addition of EO's am I right in thinking no changes were made to the base formula? Not a complaint as the lather is exquisite just an observation.
Hey @Nishy definitely not, my friend. The base formula is so good I'd be crazy to change it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I found that menthol and mint oils do have an effect on the properties of a lather. Whilst I've not experimented with the P&B unscented and mint/menthol, I have with other soaps and it does change them somewhat.

I'm looking forward to trying my home blend double mint and menthol preshave oil with Denali :D Mr Freeze will have nothing on me! It'll be the new botox I can tell you.

Evening all,

So I've found some time in our schedule to get version 3 of Denali out to our testers. I'm aiming to have your samples out to you by early next week at the very latest. Please note, Version 3 is decidedly colder than Version 2 :confused: and I'm keen to see what you think.

We're crazy busy here; we're now carried by Maggards Razors (as well as our six other stockists), Albion, solid colognes, finalising Denali, working on more content for our website are but a few of the things we're working on. I think I need another Kerry to help out! :p

Kindest regards,

Kerry.

Back
Top Bottom