Phoenix & Beau.

AJP

The past couple of mornings I've been using my new Sanskrit soap. I've noticed when loading the brush from the soap it gets quite gooey and sticky (but once transferred to a scuttle creates a lovely slick lather).

Is this gooeyness normal? I sense that because of that it loads more than usual and that it possibly gets used quicker!

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

The past couple of mornings I've been using my new Sanskrit soap. I've noticed when loading the brush from the soap it gets quite gooey and sticky (but once transferred to a scuttle creates a lovely slick lather).

Is this gooeyness normal? I sense that because of that it loads more than usual and that it possibly gets used quicker!

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
I've not noticed that with my Sanskrit, but have noticed it with a second-hand Spitfire and Star Noir I bought. The way I see it, even if it's being used up quicker, there's not going to be a huge monetary difference between a 'light' loading and a 'heavy' loading. I'd, personally, rather have too much lather than too little.

As you said, it creates a lovely lather, so that should be the main concern from the shave soap - that, and any irritation experienced.

If you feel you're loading more than usual as a result, try it out with a drier brush and see how you get on. Alternatively, load for less time if you're concerned about using it up 'quickly'. There's plenty in a tub and it's difficult to make a meaningful divot in one. If you're anything like me and have 17-or-so soaps/creams, plus more en route, over-loading probably isn't the biggest issue...:oops:

Hope this helps! :)

Maybe... adjusting soap-water ratio?
I load my brush and facelather afterwards with Sanskrit as with any soap... Fantastic results... Lather is more like mayonnaise yes, not yoghourt... but great. One of my favourite soaps.

Back
Top Bottom