Photo of the day

Sounds like great fun,...... if you are ever in Helston you must visit the Blue Anchor, it brews it's own beer on site and it's the smallest of pubs, it is a really old building and was once a tin miners pay office, well done on winning the sweatshirt :)

Was there on Friday. Beer as good as I remember, but they don't do food any more. (At my age, I need something to soak up the ale!). However, you can bring in food, Mothers is a couple of door up, and does some wonderful sandwiches, and the bread they use is the best I had all week.

Fantastic.....Spingo ales, very nice indeed, I've wobbled up the hill on many a night! Those deep road gutters need some watching! Must be great having "Mother" a couple of doors up and Mothers sandwiches are always wonderful!:)

Last edited:
Fantastic.....Spingo ales, very nice indeed, I've wobbled up the hill on many a night! Those deep road gutters need some watching! Must be great having "Mother" a couple of doors up and Mothers sandwiches are always wonderful!:)

What about this one then? (Ship, Porthleven)

The Ship Sized.jpg

Wonderful beer, and some excellent fish and chips, slightly spoilt by some ignorant noisy incomers.

My wife and I spent some happy evenings here on our honeymoon, many many years ago. The fishermen then were lovely and very friendly.

Canon EOS M3, EF-M 28mm macro, with PS CC.

View attachment 25376

@Helveticum - still thinking about street photography. Rules of engagement and protocol. Alicante. Cheers - I.

Sorry - forgot -

Camera - rangefinder - definitely - either a Leica or Voigtlander
Lens - not sure - 35 or 50 to my eye
Film - Possibly FP4
Filters - Yellow 1
Post-production - minimal, I have a rule that I don't use Photoshop to do anything I can't do with my hands in a darkroom.
Perfecto. With your eye you would do magic even with a Brownie Hawkeye.

View attachment 25463

Women in transit - The Nubra Valley - Indian-controlled Kashmir. So - you are in the middle of nowhere - really, it's the dot above the letter 'I' in the word shit - and you set off from the hamlet you spent the previous night in - village would be too big a word - to get to the next place. You come across figures in the landscape - where have they come from and where are they going? There had been no easily identifiable signs of human settlement for hours. We offered them a lift which they gracefully declined.I'm not prone to such thoughts ordinarily but the Nubra Valley is - according to the locals - a haunted place - it put the shits up me, I'm not easily scared. It's also the world's highest - altitude-wise - and probably the most pointless battlefield currently on the go.

Gear - this I can remember - Nikon F2 AS high-eyepoint , 200, Tri-X. Yellow filter. This is one of my favourite ever cameras. Ideal for a bar room brawl as a self-defense buddy or you could hammer nails into a wall with it. In my experience indestructible.

Cheers - I
Still sport the hernia from schlepping an F4 around the block a couple of times, although have fond memories of my art school required Pentax Spotmatic. The F2 is certainly a classic.

Limassol streets again.
18620178_1363734313661920_8243055920802165805_n.jpg

Shamefully didn't have my camera on me, so just phone (Mi4C), with Snapseed PP.

Back
Top Bottom