Photo test

That seemed to work. Just checked...I HAD resized it in PAINT. A further attempt to upload a photo direct but NOT resizing in PAINT failed.

So, is PAINT required every time I want to upload an image from MY Pictures etc?

That seemed to work. Just checked...I HAD resized it in PAINT. A further attempt to upload a photo direct but NOT resizing in PAINT failed.

So, is PAINT required every time I want to upload an image from MY Pictures etc?
All you need is a .jpg file on your computer. I use an online pic editor pixlr to edit, crop and resize images. I always resize my images to about 500 pixel wide. The one I posted is about 260KB.

Right then. Downloaded "ImageResizer" ...that was easy. And just selected any old photo from My Pictures (a lonely looking tree in deepest Devon).....stuck it on the desktop and right clicked and found" Resize" I then checked the "Small" setting, and hey ho it works.

That seems a great solution. Thanks muchlyP1000740 (Small) (2).JPG

Sorry, Electrif, missed your post and put the tree image on before seeing yours post.

How does Image Resizer compare to your suggestions?...always willing to learn - even if I forget it two minutes later :-(

And is pixlr another product similar to photobucket?

Last edited:
Sorry, Electrif, missed your post and put the tree image on before seeing yours post.

How does Image Resizer compare to your suggestions?...always willing to learn - even if I forget it two minutes later :-(

And is pixlr another product similar to photobucket?
Image resizer, I think is just what it says, and if it works for you, great.
Pixlr is just an online picture editor where you can do similar things to photoshop, only more basic. You can use your pictures or web pictures. Photobucket is essentially a hosting site. Although you can do some basic editing.

Right then. Downloaded "ImageResizer" ...that was easy. And just selected any old photo from My Pictures (a lonely looking tree in deepest Devon).....stuck it on the desktop and right clicked and found" Resize" I then checked the "Small" setting, and hey ho it works.

That seems a great solution. Thanks muchlyView attachment 14232
With such a good teacher, was easy to do it [emoji41].

I'm spoilt for choice now fellas...Thankee Sirs.

Is there a basic guide to get you started with Faststone? Haven't messed about with it yet for fear of confusing it (and me). Have found roughly how to find the photos you want to resize. Can you drag items into the big box on the left?

Last edited:
I'm spoilt for choice now fellas...Thankee Sirs.

Is there a basic guide to get you started with Faststone? Haven't messed about with it yet for fear of confusing it (and me). Have found roughly how to find the photos you want to resize. Can you drag items into the big box on the left?
Not quite, you select the one(s) you want on the left and click an arrow to transfer them to the right. The advanced settings isn't as advanced as it seems, it's clearly tabbed out as to what settings are on what section, and very intuitive to use :)

Yes inded. am starting to see that. Thanks. Not sure yet if you can put photos in to the (left side) box from the desktop or if you need to putthem into, say, My Pictures first.

I created a folder (which is currently on the desktop) in order to put the resized photos after you've done them.

Will carry on fiddling.
Thanks again.

Yes inded. am starting to see that. Thanks. Not sure yet if you can put photos in to the (left side) box from the desktop or if you need to putthem into, say, My Pictures first.

I created a folder (which is currently on the desktop) in order to put the resized photos after you've done them.

Will carry on fiddling.
Thanks again.
You certainly can :) There is a directory tree you can browse from, hit the three dot button (...) and you can get this:

upload_2015-8-21_20-31-1.png

Click on desktop and you'll see your folder list:

upload_2015-8-21_20-31-51.png

Click the ADD arrow:

upload_2015-8-21_20-32-39.png

Select a size from the Advanced Settings:

upload_2015-8-21_20-33-18.png

Click ok then the convert button which takes you to

upload_2015-8-21_20-34-12.png

Job done :)

Last edited:
That's excellent! Did you just create those explanatory images yourself or are they ,as it were, available for all to see elsewhere? Either way they explain it in cracking detail. (my sort of explanation :) )

Back
Top Bottom