Pinaud Bay Rum

Saw this in Sally's beauty supplies whilst I was picking up some Barbicide and was wondering whether anyone can recommend it? I've heard the burn is pretty hot!

I does burn a little more than usual due to the higher alcohol content.

As to the smell ....

VILE.

Very clovey and VERY strong. I had to wash it off right after!! But some people really like it.

Do as I did, give it a go and if you don't like it offer it for a swap on here!

pedro083 said:
Last time i got it in the one just down from the court in edinburgh.

The one down on South Bridge? Must look in there again. I popped in during the summer but they had sod-all in the way of shaving gear. I still have a bottle and a half from the US from earlier this year, but sourcing a local supplier would be a bonus.

Ah, I see it's on their website - £4.99 for 177ml. My US stash was $7.99 for a 355ml bottle - may just wait 'til the folks go back out there in March :D

lagaffe said:
pedro083 said:
Last time i got it in the one just down from the court in edinburgh.

The one down on South Bridge? Must look in there again. I popped in during the summer but they had sod-all in the way of shaving gear. I still have a bottle and a half from the US from earlier this year, but sourcing a local supplier would be a bonus.

Thats the one beside the mens products left hand wall of the shop of the wall. Dont even bother asking girl in shop told me she had never heard of it and when i found it said she did not know it was there and never sold any and she had been there for years

Cheers for the advice lads - I think I am going to purchase some tomorrow just to sample a classic and if its not me then I'll let you know for swaps. :D

I also saw one of the neck dusters that my old barber used to use with talc and was wondering whether anyone has had any experience of this at home? I can already envisage talc going everywhere when its applied by yourself and not the barber!

Don't buy it,........................make it :oops: :shock: :eek: (it's good stuff though...... :D )

a91cb4a4.jpg

6eb3c71f.jpg

+1 on that! Having had a wee sample, I can vouch for the efficacy of Sunburyboy's Bay Rum – it's corking!

Wonder how much more work/change of ingredient amounts it would take to make it into a cologne? I could happily whiff of the stuff all day. As it stands, however, it's a damn fine A/S.

Is the recipe a sticky on here? Mebbe we could do with a 'Recipe' part of the forum? Would love to meddle with a few bits and bobs. I've brewed beer pretty successfully, so I'm sure I could make other whiffy stuff. :lol:

Lipsy

Trueman said:
I also saw one of the neck dusters that my old barber used to use with talc and was wondering whether anyone has had any experience of this at home? I can already envisage talc going everywhere when its applied by yourself and not the barber!

You been going to Henry's on High Bridge? They swear by that talc trick.

Also, if you give yourself a nick dab some talc on the spot and it stops the blood in a tic. Well it did for me anyway... :shock:

Quick question:

Where are you getting the bottles from? I've ordered the essential oils, so I'm nearly full steam ahead on the old making the Bay Rum! :lol:

Lipsy

Back
Top Bottom