PMs - getting the text of a PM in the notification email

Hi All

On other forums when I get a PM I get an email notifying me and it also has the text of the message, saving me having to log-in to read it.

Is that possible here? Is there some preference setting that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Ollie

Rev-O said:
.... On other forums when I get a PM I get an email notifying me and it also has the text of the message, saving me having to log-in to read it.

It can sometimes be a little confusing with PM messages telling you you have a PM, on our fishing forum you get an email notification re a PM sent to you, but not a copy of the content of the PM, but when you get to your in box sometimes theres no PM there, that's because if whoever sends the PM if they edit or delete the PM the PM may or may not be there, depends if the PM's been deleted not edited, but the notification of a PM has been sent anyway telling you you have a PM, even though the PM has been deleted, so sometimes it's best to keep it simple to avoid worries about lost PM's which are not lost but deleted by the PM sender :shock: .... simples :lol:

If anyone understands that you're as daft as I am :lol:

Sorry, I should have made myself clearer: I get the notification emails but they do not contain the text of the PM.

Is there any way to make them do so?

Ta!

HM is correct, I need to edit the code to allow it.I will have a look into it and add it to the list, might be moving hosts (for real this time) this weekend so it could be done then.

Back
Top Bottom