Pocket knife

So I have carried a small pocket knife for the last 20 years and not so long back I lost mine so on our trip to the south of france my wife brought me a new one these are hand made and come out at around 150 euros I love the feel of this knife and the G10 detailing add a nice touch as does the laser cut cross, I have also taken a photo of my other fav that lives in my camera bag that has a spring opening system and is made by kershaw in the USA.
So if you carry one what does yours look like

[attachment=5550][attachment=5551][attachment=5552][attachment=5553][attachment=5554]

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 147
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 116
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 111
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 119
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 151
I carry a Spyderco one hand opening urban UK legal carry non locking with a blade 3 inches or under, VG10 Japanese blade and steel with G10 scales, in fact I gave it a light touch up on my ceramic rods today shaving sharp.

Jamie.

001-15.jpg

002-15.jpg

Greetings

I too also carry a pocket knife, known locally here in Norfolk as a shutknife (a knife that folds shut as opposed to an open knife ie one that does not!) We're strange old boys here you know.

Anyway I lost mine a couple of years ago and replaced it, only to find it down the back of the sofa so now I have a matching pair.........well nearly.

Regards
Dick.
[attachment=5567]

Attachments

• Shutknives.jpg
    Shutknives.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 120
I have carried a knife of some sort in my pocket for 20 odd years, one of the most useful tools you could ever carry. Normally I either have a cheap and cheerful opinel or a cheap locking folder I have had for 16 years. Yes I know locking knifes aren't legal to carry without reason, my reason is they don't close on your fingers!
I am waiting on my buck alpha hunter returning from the states after an under warranty repair. I have been missing it for weeks now. I know it is not legal to carry about but I always use it when away camping, it has a nice weight and handle size for me, takes a very good edge and is extremely robust.
I also have a few tucked away in the shed that I managed to hide from swmbo when she started asking why I need so many.

Daz

Lose the beard said:
Not quite in the same class as some of the other knives here, but this serves me well.

Pruner.jpg

In a similar vein, I carry one of these:

106-ettrick.jpg

Its a grand wee beastie and very sharp.

Like that Opinel, mind.

Like Jamie I've got a Spyderco non locker, although goodness only knows what Scottish Procurators Fiscal may make of it in the current hysterical views on any implement carried by what would be otherwise law abiding citizens. I've carried a folding pocket knife for the past 55 years or so and can't see me changing my habits at this stage of life.

JohjnnyO. \:icon_razz:

(& yes, the HH site is very tempting indeed ain't it).

IMAG0011.jpg

Top one is a Taylors Eye Witness Tackler and is my standard pottering about knife.

Bottom one is my work knife a Boker XS designed by Chad Los Banos. It's a proper tough bit of kit with the added advantage of being a one hand opener. It's street legal but I usually leave it at the office/in the car and take the Tackler with me to anywhere with people.

Back
Top Bottom