Poll for the September Raffle and Suggestions for the October Raffle.

What would you like to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know this is a bit of a typical one but how about a Simpson Chubby?
Personally I have always wanted one since getting obssessed with all things shaving.
People may have the opinion that its a bit boring and there are a lot cooler brush makers out there but you can get a chubby 2 for £130ish which Im sure could potentially sell tickets quickly?

Where can we find a selection of Thater brushes within the EU now, please? Shaving.ie doen't seem to have any.
I bought one recently but had to go to the US for it - Straight Razor Designs has a good selection but you have to take the import duty on top as they use Parcelforce (I think) rather than Royal Mail and you pay the fees via the web to activate delivery.

I may be completely off track here but the Shavemac knot looks very similar to Thate

I don't want to risk VAT on prizes so we'll have to wait on Shaving.ie getting Thaters back in stock - or anyone else, Stuart.

This prize now looks like £125 to spend at Simpsons or Shavemac.

For some reason, the system is not allowing me to finish that last sentence - it should read ...Thater - does anyone know if they originate from the same place?
In my limited experience - I got fed up with asking fairly quickly - brush makers are very secretive about their knot/hair suppliers. Do not Shavemac start from scratch, tie their own? and maybe sell 'em to Thater for all I know.

From what I know, Shavemac is made from scratch (handle) and the knots are hand tied. Some suggested that the Thater style handle was in fact bought from Thater, but I have no proof. The hair types from both I do find to be very different. The Thater providing less backbone at the same dimensions. But again I couldn't provide exact origins of the badger hair, apart from guessing China.

Back
Top Bottom