Poll for the September Raffle and Suggestions for the October Raffle.

What would you like to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm truly sorry, guys, but I forgot to note the suggestions for this month's raffle. I remember one of them and it is included. Please make your suggestions over again and we can use them in next or subsequent raffles. Please also make new suggestions.

If suggestions do not include a link so I know where to look, they may well not be considered.

You can look at TI straights here.

The ATT set is here.

If you choose the Feather, I have a deal with Paul here.

And finally you may want to do a little research on FaceBook and Twitter but his website is here. This would be a commissioned brush and take a couple of weeks to make and deliver.

The Poll will close on Friday 11th September at about 13.00 and the Raffle will open the following day, Saturday 12th September at 10am.

As always, the winner can add cash to the prize money.

Ratty has donated a runner's-up prize - see below - he's added a link. Powerbeats wireless headphone. The first ball drawn will be the winner.

Last edited:
I have a boxed (new and unopened) set of Powerbeats 2 Wireless earphones - I think they go for about £160 Carl - would you like them as a sweetener for the raffle? Non-shaving related I know but they're really powerful Bluetooth earbuds.

Worth a go?

Ratty

Voters have the ability to change their votes so I don't foresee that happening. If it does, I have a special 2p coin somewhere.

OR

We go with what I voted for - currently losing.

I have a query.
Do you struggle for selling raffle tickets generally or was that just in the old new site?
I don't know how it works from your side Bechet, do you need to organise the prize prior to the raffle?
I wondered if you could have the prize being an option of a number of prizes?
Or does that kind of weaken the 'specialness' of it?
eg this next one could be a choice of all four of the above prizes.
To be chosen by the winner after the raffle.
Also, could I bring up again the suggestion for a 'voucher' for a particular vendor or member.
Seems like a good idea.

Like i say, I don't know if this weakens it somehow for long term members?
I understand that it might.
But, this months prizes for example, for me, I like the idea of the straight.
BUT I have never used a straight, so it almost feels like a waste for me to win it (Although I quite like the idea)
The same for the brush. They aren't REALLY my bag, but would be fun to win one.
The feather just sounds too mild for my liking. So I suppose I could put it back on BST if that was the only prize.
BUT that feels wrong.
I would like to enter the raffle to put a bit back in.

Does any of that vague waffle make sense?

@grarea - I see where you are coming from and like the idea of more and more choice. The immediate problem I see is ticket prices - I'd have to calculate the price based on the winner choosing the most expensive prize. I try to keep costs down for everyone

I've been concerned that the straight shavers were never going to get a look in, being permanently outnumbered by DE shavers - but after a few months of including the TI straight and it not being chosen, suddenly it looks like it might be next month's prize!

How about you come up with a suggestion for a prize that you would like and I'll put it in the Poll? Costed with a link, please.

PS the Marfin brush I'd like is trailing the Poll!

I have suggested something similar in a different thread, so for the record (and changed slightly):
A Digress Razor of the winner's choice.
It's only £95 max plus delivery, but that might make tickets more affordable/interesting. Note that they claim to have a three week wait list. I personally have a Digress HD B (short, brassy version) and it will be the last I razor I'll sell, just before I can't afford wet shaving and grow a beard again.

Andreas

Back
Top Bottom