Poll: How many brushes in active rotation?

How many brushes do you have in active rotation?

• Total voters
At home:

Omega 11137 boar
Stirling boar
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Fibre
Semogue SOC badger (latest acquisition)

For travel:

The Grooming Company synthetic (Plissoft fibres)

--
Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.

An applause for @Rufus for coming out at a record 20+ brushes! :D

@Eeyore68 Boars rule! The Omega 11137 is one of the 3 best medium size omega handles in my opinion!

I have a brush for every day of the month, but even more if I include those tagged for sale, not to mention the 7 brushes I've sold so far this year. I know there are guys out there that have a goodly number more than I have.:rolleyes:

Currently using Badger, Boar & Synthetic Brushes:-

Platypus Paste & Cut Limited Edition 2017 24mm Fan Manchurian White
RazoRock Plissoft "BEEHIVE" Synth. 28/63mm knot
RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Semogue 2000 25/60mm knot
Semogue SOC Boar in Ash & Cherry Wood 24/55mm knot
Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash & Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo Synth. 26/57mm knot

That's 10 during my current rotation above and I have 32 other brushes put away that 42 in total.

Use the same brush for a few days, then change. Three or four get used regularly like this. Two more get a very occasional run out. After nearly ten years of enthusiasm things have settled down. And the only survivors from a vast number of soaps and creams are Palmolive and Arko. Used for face lathering ground in a bowl. Plus an old Tech with one regular blade. I guess you could call it retirement shaving.

Use the same brush for a few days, then change. Three or four get used regularly like this. Two more get a very occasional run out. After nearly ten years of enthusiasm things have settled down. And the only survivors from a vast number of soaps and creams are Palmolive and Arko. Used for face lathering ground in a bowl. Plus an old Tech with one regular blade. I guess you could call it retirement shaving.

Don't come on here often anymore, but I thought you'd like to know that I only use a single brush with any regularity: my NF 2221. It has the perfect balance of backbone and softness (and the Persian vase shape was always my favourite of your brushes). No idea what I'll do when it gives up the ghost!

I have about 20, a mixture of boar, badger, horsehair and synthetics.

I try to use a different one every day, but a few favourites, particularly some synthetics, my NFs, Cadmans and Dorian, always seem to push to the front of the queue.

A couple of Pens of the Forest LE or one-offs are unused in their boxes.

I like my brushes and thank God I found Maseto when I did or I would have happily continued spending £100 + per brush. Luckily for me I now own every Maseto I like so I will not buy more until they produce more handles which is seeming unlikely. Fingers crossed though.
I'd love an M&F or similar but I won't spend the money on one now.

Back
Top Bottom