Pomade

I used Brylcreem and Black & White Pluko 20 years back when I sported a barnet that required it.
The past 10 years have seen self-barbered clipper length hair, but I grew it out last year for a change, and tried some different pomades.

Layrite is appealing. It has a great scent and cool packaging. But it basically performs like a gel - washes out easily, but dries sticky with no shine. I consider it an overrated and over priced product.

Nu Nile is nice. But like all oil-based pomades, is a bitch to wash out.

I'm back to clipper length hair now.

Last edited:
Wasn't it Black & White which E Presley slicked his DA back with whilst scented with original Brut, the essence of man ? Just how much Eau de Testosterone can any one guy apply.

JohnnyO. o/

I use a pomade called Black & White (lite) it's from the USA but available either online or at Superdrug.

A wonderful coconut scent and decent holding properties, not overly greasy either. I used to use either blue or purple (I am colourblind, beware ) Dax but this is the best option for me now.
If it smells like Vaseline and is called Short & Neat, then it's the blue Dax :) I use it too, nice shine, very easy to apply but very light hold.

Back
Top Bottom