Post Shave Routines

Evening all,

I was just wondering what you guys post shave routines are?

Also regarding aftershave splashes and aftershave balms, can you use both? If so which would you use first?

Dipesh said:
Evening all,

I was just wondering what you guys post shave routines are?

Also regarding aftershave splashes and aftershave balms, can you use both? If so which would you use first?
I almost always use my Proraso pre-and post-shave cream after a shave (but never before a shave as it goes all clumpy and doesn't seem to work as well as a decent shaving cream).

If I want to use eau de toilette I will put on a scentless aftershave cream first, usually

Hi Dipesh

Post shave I do a cold water splash then a little splash of witch hazel which I leave on for a minute. Clean up then another cold water splash.

Pat my face dry with a clean towel and about 49 times out of 50 I will just use a splash on AS.

5 Minutes later I have zero irritation and am all ready to go.

I do occasionally use balm but if I use balm I wont use an AS splash.

That's not to say that you shouldn't. Experiment a bit and see what works for you and your skin.

Usually A warm water wash then cold water followed with an AS, but since I've discovered I'm a little sensitive to fragrance oils I've cut the AS out.

I've be interested in what the unscented cream is though

Thanks for the responses chaps.

Normally I warm rinse, cold rinse then asb and then as.

Today I did a warm rinse, cold rinse then as (which has witch hazel). It stung like hell! I'm then thinking have I done something wrong!

Maybe my skin suits the first method but I was under the asumption the 'correct' way is as then asb as necessary.

Hopefully you can see where I'm coming from!

Warm water rinse, alum, clean up, cold water rinse, AS splash. I sometimes mix a small amount of 444 ASB with the splash. If i do use a ASB i apply it after the splash.

I have changed my post shave routine relatively recently.

It used to go: Finish shave>warm rinse>cold rinse>pat face with towel>clean teeth>apply as or asb

It NOW goes: Finish shave>cold rinse>apply alum>cold rinse>pat face with towel>apply as or asb>clean teeth

Leaving the teeth cleaning until after the process now means that my face is more damp when the as or asb is applied, and this has made a considerable difference.

Also, the first process made using alum impossible, but now I can use it with no issue.

Ian

Morning Routine
Finish shave
After shave balm
After shave lotion
Cologne.
Cup of Tea

Evening routine[/u
]Finish shave
After shave balm
After shave lotion
Cologne.
Pint of Guinness.

You can see that only the final finishing touch varies! :cool:

Professor Blighty said:
Morning Routine
Finish shave
After shave balm
After shave lotion
Cologne.
Cup of Tea

Evening routine[/u
]Finish shave
After shave balm
After shave lotion
Cologne.
Pint of Guinness.

You can see that only the final finishing touch varies! :cool:

Guessing that's not Irish tea in the morning! (hic)

Warm water on face and gently pat allow to air dry then followed with Osage Rub ( chilled ) then AS/ASB of choice. I haven't used Osage of late though as I'm trying different things.

Awesome thread!

Back
Top Bottom