Post your watches

New addition to the family

61391_10152274357495594_1952940138_n.jpg

Some great watches here and I really like some of the stories behind them. Here is my watch. I bought it when I left the Navy; I needed something that could take a few knocks, and this one is damn near indestructible. It's a Breitling Avenger M1 and it's almost never off my wrist.

Lou

[attachment=6226]

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 146
I don't have a recent shot but this was the last one I took of the watch box.

There's a couple of G-Shocks in there, a Seiko, an Oris small seconds, a Deep Blue 1000m, a retro Timex, a square military Chinese jobbie and a Longines which I have since sold. Not in the shot as they don't fit in the box are an Omega PO, a Seiko Monster, a couple more cheapies, a Christopher Ward Monte Carlo (also since sold) and probably one or two others I can't remember.

[attachment=6227]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355875602.422051.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355875602.422051.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 125
Enjoyed looking through everyone's collection. Having gone through quite a few watches in my lifetime I now use the time function of my mobile. It's not very glamorous but it works for me.

440x330_1.jpg

Stock photo

interesting thread and enjoyed it...in the market for a new watch myself...not in the omega league tho..but waiting for the sales to start...looking at a Christopher Ward c60 trident...

my gws pro diver will have to do till i get sorted

also looked at the C60 having had a few CW's... but the wonky date window, strange hands and selitta movement put me off. Hence why i bought the Longines (look on page 7).

My main reasons for buying it were:

-as above wonky date window on C60
-C60 bracelet is poorly designed and the divers extension messes with the micro adjustment.
-C60 onion shaped hands are odd
-no ETA movement in the C60's, they are all selittas now.

Overall, given they cost almost £500 these days, i was unwilling to accept any of these. Plus i already had two CW watche.

The longines (IMHO)

-is better looking
-has a better movement (elabore grade ETA)
-has a better braceet
-has a good name with some heritage behind it
-is better overall value for money.

A bit of shopping around and you'd get the longines for about £700 i think. I paid £790 because i was impatient and wanted one there and then.

that one is the Hydroconquest 300m Automatic

http://www.thewatchgallery.co.uk/shop/longines-hydroconquest-diver-black-l3-641-4-56-7.html

L3.641.4.56.6

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LONGINES-HYDRO-CONQUEST-MENS-BRACELET-WATCH-/390501076786?pt=UK_Jewelery_Watches_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item5aebad8f32

hrd to be 100% from his dodgy photos, but that looks like the auto

Back
Top Bottom