Post your watches

Re: RE: Post your watches

Dave.B said:
MrK1 said:
I'm in Birmingham.
Up to now, I have been taking it to Ernest Jones or Watches of Switzerland.

They normally charge around £40 just for the battery. It takes a couple of weeks to get it back as they send it away.

Seen as your in brum why not take a trip to the jewellery quarter its where i've gone in the past for many watch repairs there's plenty of places to peruse while your there....

Duh!!

I can't belive I never thought of trying there.
Thanks.

And there won't be any perusal done. I can't afford it!

Big fan of the Meistersinger Einzeigers.

Both the regular models:

plarge_2.jpg

And the Singular model:

Meistersinger%20Singulator.jpg

wimbouman said:
Big fan of the Meistersinger Einzeigers.

Both the regular models:

plarge_2.jpg

And the Singular model:

Meistersinger%20Singulator.jpg

I love mine. Cracking value, cool, understated and interesting. It's my go-to dress watch....

The Singular is indeed tempting, as is their new single-pusher in-house movement chronograph.

That Perigraph is stunning!

[attachment=9382]

Here's my one of a kind copper dial.

Pretty hard to photograph in this light :-(

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389897222.549796.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389897222.549796.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 39
I was looking at the MeisterSingers at the recent SalonQP exhibition, they are lovely looking watches and at very reasonable prices. It's surprising how quickly you get used to the singular hand.

Lovely watch OS ;)

wimbouman said:
That Perigraph is stunning!

Here's my one of a kind copper dial.

Pretty hard to photograph in this light :-(

Very nice. Dd ou ordered that from Meistersinger or have it customised afterwards?

Dr Rick said:
I've long coveted a Perigraph, but they're too thick fit me to wear under a cuff. I have, and love, a Botta Uno.

I find it it's under my shirts, most of which have French cuffs, fine. It is large though. I am not sure if the 38mm version is any thinner.

jaycey said:
I was looking at the MeisterSingers at the recent SalonQP exhibition, they are lovely looking watches and at very reasonable prices. It's surprising how quickly you get used to the singular hand.

Lovely watch OS ;)

Thanks. I always wear it to Salon QP as the guys on the Meistersinger stand always seem genuinely happy to see someone wearing one! They are quite scarce over here.

The singlehanded method is actually an easier method for youngsters to learn; there is only one scale around the watch. It is easy enough to adapt to as well. At least when sober!

I did infact spend more time chatting to an older Gentleman on their stand then any other exhibitor there. No pretentiousness like there were on some of the other stands and was just as interested in my Horology training as he was demonstrating their time pieces.

Tried about 4 or 5 and liked them all. I think I am talking myself into one ;)

jaycey said:
I did infact spend more time chatting to an older Gentleman on their stand then any other exhibitor there. No pretentiousness like there were on some of the other stands and was just as interested in my Horology training as he was demonstrating their time pieces.

Tried about 4 or 5 and liked them all. I think I am talking myself into one ;)

Me too actually. Was that the guy who ran the importers/distributors wearing the chronograph on a bracelet?

Which model have you got your eye on?

It was indeed! Lovely fella.

Being honest, I have tried to put buying one out of my mind so haven't really thought about it.
I will start browsing again and narrow it down a bit, I know one that I tried that caught my eye was a manual wind around the £700 mark.

Back
Top Bottom