posted at last

B

brokenknee

Hi all been lurking for abit doing a lot of reading getting my technique right im now enjoying shaving after trying just about every modern way im now using a unstamped gillette superspeed got a beauty for next to nowt and I think my grandad used the same one unfortunatly his got thrown away in the eighties a crying shame I know anyway lookin forward to trying other classic gillette's different blades,soaps,brushes. And I got in to this to save money ....

brokenknee said:
And I got in to this to save money ....

Hi brokenknee and welcome to TSR. You're not the first to look at "traditional" shaving as a way of saving money and then spending far more than you would have had you stuck to cartridges. And you most certainly won't be the last!

I initially thought the same as you and have ended up spending way more than is reasonable. The difference is, I enjoy this way and get happiness from the discovery of different razors, soaps, blades and brushes. I also enjoy the whole routine - something which I never enjoyed with cartridge razors - with them it was always a chore.

Anyway, enjoy the ride and try to resist temptation if you must, but I have to warn you: resistance is futile :)

Welcome to the forum brokenknee.

It is funny, I could not justify spending £x on cartridges but I am more than happy to spend £y (where y is much bigger than x) on traditional shaving gear.........

P.S. Hope the knee gets better.

Back
Top Bottom