Posting DE blades in the UK

I need to send some DE blades out to someone but in the past have had some resistance with post office staff when they ask what I'm sending and I answer honestly.
Now with ebay enforcement of this age verification it is likely to be harder.
If you get the question wrong with the counter staff you can't really say erase your memory and we'll start again with a different option! Might involve a trip to a different post office or coming back when another member of staff is in.

I'm wondering if I should tell the post office staff that it's shaving supplies and if they push me further I'll say shaving soap samples or something, to avoid any obstructions.

On small amounts of blades posted recently I've just put a stamp or two on the packet and popped it in the nearest postbox. Haven't had any issues so far. This even worked with one larger order.

What do we think?

Would like to avoid a descent into long discussions how ridiculous the new restrictions are. I know they are and you know they are. So as we are stuck with them what advice would you give for me posting lots of blades?

I need to send some DE blades out to someone but in the past have had some resistance with post office staff when they ask what I'm sending and I answer honestly.
If you get the question wrong with the counter staff you can't really say erase your memory and well start again with a different option! Might involve a trip to a different post office or coming back when another member of staff is in.

I'm wondering if I should tell the post office staff that it's shaving supplies and if they push me further I'll say shaving soap samples or something, to avoid any obstructions.

On recent small amounts of blades posted recently I've just put a stamp or two on the packet and popped it in the nearest postbox. Haven't had any issues so far. This even worked with one larger order.

What do we think?

Would like to avoid a descent into how ridiculous the new restrictions are. I know they are and you know they are. So as we are stuck with them what advice would you give for me posting lots of blades?
Shaving supplies and leave it at that!

Paul.

Tell them its none of their business what is inside the parcel - I do.
At one P.O I was asked and I refused to tell them. They waffled on about it and still I refused to divulge. To this they became stroppy and rude. I pointed out that their queue was growing. This prompted them to accept the parcel.
If they ask, tell them it's nothing harmful - that's all they need to know.

If you get the question wrong with the counter staff you can't really say erase your memory and we'll start again with a different option! Might involve a trip to a different post office or coming back when another member of staff is in.

On small amounts of blades posted recently I've just put a stamp or two on the packet and popped it in the nearest postbox. Haven't had any issues so far. This even worked with one larger order.

What do we think?

Would like to avoid a descent into long discussions how ridiculous the new restrictions are. I know they are and you know they are. So as we are stuck with them what advice would you give for me posting lots of blades?

Why don't you just buy your postage online? If you do that then you bypass the questions at the post office, as long as it's under the weight restriction it should be fine.

Why don't you just buy your postage online? If you do that then you bypass the questions at the post office, as long as it's under the weight restriction it should be fine.
Do you need a printer to print a stamp or some other kind of proof of purchase? Or do they give you a code to write down on the parcel?

I used to encounter this problem when sending swiss army knives by post (I occasionally buy/sell/collect them). In that instance, a few honest traders have been known to use a form of nuanced wording such as "camping equipment" as a description.

Perhaps an equivalent for DE blades such as "grooming equipment" might be in order.

I can feel a new thread coming on ;)

My understanding is that you can use Royal Mail to send razor blades if you apply to receive the age verification service. I looked at section 3.18 in their general terms and conditions.

By the way, I believe it's often cheaper to pay online, and at the moment they can collect items for free. They can print the label for you too, and bring it when they collect.

I don't have a printer. Haven't needed one for many years.
My understanding is that you can use Royal Mail to send razor blades if you apply to receive the age verification service. I looked at section 3.18 in their general terms and conditions.

By the way, I believe it's often cheaper to pay online, and at the moment they can collect items for free. They can print the label for you too, and bring it when they collect.
That would be great - will look into that. Thank you!

I don't have a printer. Haven't needed one for many years.

That would be great - will look into that. Thank you!
You can leave the parcel in a safe place if you don't want to wait in. Collections are free at the moment because of a promotion they're running:

"Parcel Collect charged at £0.00 when you book online between 00:01 on 16.08.2022 and 23:59 on 02.04.2023"

You can leave the parcel in a safe place if you don't want to wait in. Collections are free at the moment because of a promotion they're running:

"Parcel Collect charged at £0.00 when you book online between 00:01 on 16.08.2022 and 23:59 on 02.04.2023"
I have booked this in. Thank you.

It did say there should be no prohibited or restricted items. It didn't give me the choice to adhere to any restricted items rules for the parcel.

Fingers crossed it'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom