Powder coating

I saw a beautiful satin black powder coated Futur on B&B the other day & this made me wonder about it's durability.

Not something I'd think of doing to my more prized razors, but I have a fair few techs so just as an experiment & something different was thinking about looking into it.

Anyone thought of powder coating? Anyone had it done to a razor? How tough is the result.

Just a thought... :dodgy:

A bit of both, I haven't seen it but it probably works on the Futur because there isn't much inherent detail on that razor.

Powder coating is reasonably durable and I would have expected it to be more than enough for a razor. However, it does build a significant layer on top of the metal which could upset clearances, blade angles and so on.

Plus, the stuff I use requires 20 minutes in the oven @ 180 degrees which may be unfriendly to some razors. Safe enough on top caps, but adjustables could potentially end badly.

Midas said:
Powder coating is reasonably durable and I would have expected it to be more than enough for a razor. However, it does build a significant layer on top of the metal which could upset clearances, blade angles and so on.

Plus, the stuff I use requires 20 minutes in the oven @ 180 degrees which may be unfriendly to some razors. Safe enough on top caps, but adjustables could potentially end badly.

F or C?

Bechet45 said:
Midas said:

F or C?
C

Back
Top Bottom