Pré de Provence Shaving Soap

My final thoughts on this:

Although everything about this product screams French artisanal roots, as best as I can see the brand is actually owned by a US company called European Soaps, LLC. I'm not doubting the soap is actually made in France though (there is a French distributor listed on the packaging). Might explain why it isn't easy to get hold of in the UK.

Producing a basic lather was never an issue, even from a few small shavings. Getting enough of the right sort to do the job seemed a problem though.

For something that contains shea butter I was a little disappointed with the post shave feel. It wasn't bad but didn't deliver what you'd expect. Slickness was generally very good, but did suffer in some of my shaves.

Not one for those that like a strong scent. It's floral and pleasant enough, but so subtle I struggled to pick it up even with the product directly under my hooter. There's also a variant called No. 63 with a different fragrance, designed for men (apparently).

After the first shave I thought this was going to be one of my favourite products, but my enthusiasm was tempered as the shaves went on. Mainly because slickness seemed a bit haphazard, it was hard to achieve the right consistency without over-watering it and for all that was good there was something to spoil it.

Far from the worst product I've tried and it certainly did the job, on occasion it did it exceptionally well too.

Full review here.

Back
Top Bottom