Primarni

Ok so first of all well done you R's I'm currently in Westfield Stratford shopping with the gf who obviously doesn't care about my rants as multiple fluorescent and aztec designs catch her eyes at every turn so I thought I'd turn to you guys! Just wondering if anyone else's eyes boggle at a pair of jeans costing 50 plus quid in zara compared to 8 quid in primark or have I turned into an old bag?

Damn I was worried on a plus note I went into John lewis and bought a Kent shaving cream never tried this before will be interesting!

the 8 quid pair from Primark will last 5 minutes and look like a sack of potatos after 5 washes.

Great for kids clothes that they grow out of in a couple of weeks or wear it twice and then never again...

A pair of jeans that fit well and are good quality, will last you years (no wearing during the week for work) and only get better with every wash. So £50 isn is really a reasonable cost.

I put on a bit (actually quite a lot) of weight over the last two years, which is slowly coming off with a more physical job,
but I refused to buy any decent jeans because I had loads of pairs of good un's that
don't fit.

I started buying cheap jeans from sainsburys (£15-£20) while I work on getting
back into the decent ones.

They are a false economy IMO. A: the size on the label has no bearing on the actual
size and B:none of them have lasted more than 6 months before they wear out
at the seams.

Ive got pairs of levis, wranglers and RL jeans that are 10 years old and still going
strong (if I could get into them) and in fact have become more comfortable and
better looking as they've worn.

I have lost 18kg since starting the 5:2 diet, so I'm currently wearing a pair of vintage 1999 levi 555 jeans . They are well faded but still study enough with no holes or tears. I purchased the modern equivilent last month and they cost me £65. The difference between supermarket jeans and traditional 'name' jeans is easily seen after a few washes as Gazza says..

Bloody Primark.

Took missus, my owd mum and my youngest to town yesterday. Left the women to go into Primark and then me and the boy had a stroll round town.

Half an hour later we decide to go and see if they'd finished. Nope, no sign of them.

After an hour I sent the lad in to find them. 5 minutes later he comes out. He says he couldn't get into the shop properly as the crowd were just monging about like zombies following each other and he got shoved and bashed along the fringes of the mob until he found himself back at the entrance.

Fair dues to Primark. If they can shift the amount of clobber they are doing then who needs to charge £50 for a pair of jeans? There are certainly more Primark shopping bags on display on a Saturday afternoon than there are Paul Smith.

My 501s seemed expensive when I bought them 6 or 7 years ago, however they were the correct fit and have lasted well since then. In fact, the way the 2 pairs I bought are wearing they could very well outlast this old codger !

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

gazza said:
I started buying cheap jeans from sainsburys (£15-£20) while I work on getting
back into the decent ones.

They are a false economy IMO. A: the size on the label has no bearing on the actual
size and B:none of them have lasted more than 6 months before they wear out
at the seams.

Agree with this, the supermarkets have cynically calculated that people are less likely to return clothes that are too big than too small, so everything is sized bigger than it should be. Also I just threw out a pair of Matalan jeans that split where I haul them up at the waistband each side; total carp.

The best pair of jeans I owned were some D&Gs which lasted for five years of frequent wear. Soft denim, lovely colour, great fit and quality stitching.

Back
Top Bottom