Products you will always have in your rotation?

Although I've been having a rest from it recently, Mitchell's Wool Fat is a permanent resident of the bathroom cabinet. Other stuff:
Nanny's soft soap of one flavour or another
Cella
Palmolive
Taylor's sandalwood cream
Taylor's St. James aftershave
Nivea balm (winter only).

I was about to start a similar thread only worded differenty: "Which products do you absolutely love?"

I've tried a fair few products and I have to say that only a few have really blown me away so far:

• CF Limes for its superlative Lime scent
  • Valobra stick and Cella for pure performance
  • MdC and Nanny's Lavender for scent and performance (yes, Nanny's is that good)[/list:u]

Products still to try which I feel will make this list: AoS Sandalwood soap!

As much as I appreciate the cheap and cheerful products like Palmolive stick that perform above their price, I feel they lack that luxury I'm looking for in a shave (i.e. scent). I actually prefer Palmolive cream to the stick, and the scent is nicer too!

Likewise, I feel soaps like Trumper's have nice scents and packaging etc, but to me they lack in performance (considering the price) and I doubt when they are gone I will purchase again.

John

In my limited experience I would say I would have to keep:
Nanny's soft soap
Personna Red Blades
Proraso pre-shave cream
Proraso A/S.

If nothing else, I wouldnt part with the Proraso pre-shave for anything. I love it. :)

Fido said:
I'll always retain a TOBS Mr Taylor - a great value high quality cream.

I simply missed this one out. Don't know why because I have bought more of it over time that I have any other cream. To me one of the best performances and scents in the TOBS range.

The Proraso sensitive pre/post always figures in my shaves nowadays, I tried to shave twice without it and I did not like the results.

I have been very impressed with Nanny's Lavender soft soap and enjoy my shaves with that.

Back before my DE shaving days I would use Boots No7 after shave balm and still use it now as well as I find that it soothes my skin well and leaves it feeling mositurised with no tightness.

Back
Top Bottom