Professor Blighty's Formula 31 Cream - Peppermint

This is my first review, so please be gentle :)

Last week, I ordered some of the Profs F31 Lemon cream and A/S , when it arrived there was a nice surprise in the box for me, it was a tub of F31 Peppermint flavour.

Basically, knowing that I love the smell of peppermints, Martin included this for me to try out so he could get some feedback on it.

My first impression was that it was marvellous stuff, really very very good indeed.

I was really impressed with the packaging, nice sturdy tubs that are wide enough to swirl a brush around in, and they stack nice on my bathroom cabinet too.

The scent coming from the tub when I first opened it was amazing. Not so strong as to be overpowering, but strong enough to linger in the bathroom long after my shave was done and give the place a lovely smell, much like the smell you get when you stick your nose into a bag of mint imperials. It really woke me up on Saturday after a late Friday night.

As recommended in the enclosed information sheet, I used an almost dry brush with a peanut sized lump of the cream in the middle and managed to very quickly and easily whip up enough lather for 2 passes and touch ups with some spare at the end too.

The lather itself felt great on my skin, was thick, smooth and luxurious, it held its structure very well and really helped the blade glide.

I used my WS brush from Sainsbury's, my Weishi razor and a fresh Derby blade for this shave and even though my gear isn't brilliant and my technique still needs some work, using this cream really made my shave a pleasant and enjoyable one.

Professor Blighty's products have a very good reputation on these forums and I can see why. This cream is easy to use, performs brilliantly, smells great and is made by somebody who actually cares about the product they make and the customers that they sell to.

I have yet to try the lemon flavour, but I have no doubt it will be every bit as good :)

Cheers

Jon

Haha, good to hear you enjoyed.

This seems to be the newcommers cream of choice lately, seen about 6 posts (inc me) of people with less then 100posts reviewing it.

Got to say Martin has made a brilliant product, my favourite bit other then the amazing smell, is how bubbly it is (not air or watery) but it sort of tingles on the lips like bubble bath, really nice in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom